Audiolink vs Artone3 neck loop

JohnL

I am going to be upgrading to a Rondo3 in the next few months. I also have the option of getting an audio link or artone 3. 
could someone help by telling me the difference between them along with some pros and cons. Thanks 

• HearPeers Heroes

@JohnL

The Artone neckloop requires using the telecoil adapter with Rondo 3 which many say causes a ticking interference sound.  Med-El recommends putting the Rondo 3 into flight mode to avoid that ticking.  I do not know any Rondo 3 users who are choosing to use the telecoil adapter.

This is not an issue with the Artone 3 and Sonnet2.  

Many Rondo 3 users are using the AudioLink.

What’re you planning to use them for?  That’ll help a bit.  Hopefully in the next few months, the AudioStream will be released in the states for the Rondo if all you’re looking to do is stream from phone or tablet.  

If you have the actual connector type on your TV and looking to stream from your TV, then you can choose the AudioLink.  

Artone uses Telecoil connection which also has a designated TV streamer.  If you’re Bimodal (CI+HA) and looking to stream to both sides, then this would be your main option currently.  

But more info would be helpful.

What are the advantages of using audio link over Artone 3?

I’m really not sure what I would use them for because I don’t know what they do. Right now I do not have any “streaming” devices.  I didn’t know if they were just streaming devices or would help my hearing in crowded spaces for example. If they are just streaming then I would say I’d use them for tv and phone. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@JohnL

here is a link to Med-El videos teaching about the AudioLink

It has various uses- phone, TV, computer, tablet, remote mic 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Curly

here is my captioned review of the Artone .   I do not recommend it for Rondo 3 though.  That’s just my personal opinion.

I use it daily with Sonnets.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Curly and @JohnL

this is the new AudioStream adapter for Rondo 3.  Not yet approved in the US.  It streams all audio from phone and tablet.

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream-adapter

I have audio stream for my Sonnet 2. It will not stream bimodal with my hearing aid. I wonder if this will be the same?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Curly

bimodal steaming is a feature of dual audio for android phones with specific hearing aid models.  Med-El has a list of compatible phones and hearing aids on their website.  AudioStream works with dual audio.

They need to update their list of compatible phones. My Pixel 7 doesn't have dual audio capability.

• 1 month later...

I have read through a few threads on the Artone 3 Max neck loop and watched the video - thank you!  I am a Right CI Sonnet 2 EAS  and a Left Widex hearing aid (no telecoil) user.  I presently use Airstream to my Right ear only  for phone call and podcasts.  I asked my audiologist about getting the Artone 3 b/c the sound occasionally breaks up on podcasts when I turn my head and I also felt the sound with the neckloop might be clearer. I also had great success with a Widex neck loop prior to switching to the CI for streaming.  She felt that b/c my hearing aid is not telecoil, there wasn't an advantage.  Any thoughts?

• HearPeers Heroes

Someone on here came up with a solution with their Widex hearing aid without telecoil.  Try searching under Widex and see if you find it.

@Gina

• HearPeers Heroes

@Gina

I found the post.  It is @Joel

BTW, I upgraded my hearing aid and it includes telecoil. I don't have to use the "sound assist" accessory.  Still sounds great, both with Sonnet2 and Rondo3.

Joel

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel when you used your Widex hearing aid that did not have telecoil, is this the Widex device you used that picked up the Artone sound for the Widex aid?  Did you have to have it positioned within the Artone neckloop or just nearby?

https://www.widex.com/en-us/hearing-aids/accessories/sound-assist/#:~:text=Widex Sound Assist™ removes,sound to your hearing aids.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes that’s that Sound Assist.  I wore it around my neck keeping it pretty much on top or beside the Artone. The farther away from Artone, the audio quality decreased.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Joel

That was a clever work around you figured out.

I am sure it is much easier now that your new hearing aid has a active telecoil!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

Do you encounter any ticking sounds with the Rondo 3 telecoil adapter?  Do you need to put Rondo 3 into flight mode when using the telecoil adapter to avoid the ticking?

I have been using Artone neckloops everyday for 8 years now with my processors (Sonnet, Rondo 1. OPUS 2).  Excellent for audiobooks, podcasts and phone calls for me.

Yes there’s a slight ticking noise but only heard when not in a conversation. I’ve actually never noticed it and have asked participants in zoom calls if they hear it and the reply is always no. They have said that sometimes there’s a humming in the background when i

I’ve never used flight mode. Sounded too complex for me.  Where would led be without airtone?