User controlled mixing ratios - via app

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

It is like Christmas in September!!!!!

This has been very high on my wish list.

THANK YOU @MED-EL Moderator

YAY!!!!

Hi @Mary Beth, we've checked with our product experts. 

Yes, mixing ratios can be flexibly set by the audiologist for each program, and a pure 100% streamed audio is possible. We are also working on providing recipients with the ability to adjust the mixing ratio temporarily via an app.

Kind regards, Barbara 

@Hilary Beaumont Brown

@Deanne

@Lauren

• Like 3

What does that mean “temporarily via an app”?  The mixing ratio should be entirely controlled by the user, not an Audiologist in this day and age.  These appointments can get pricey especially when most seem to not know how to do the 0/100 mix in the first place and users need to walk them through things.

My guess is it means the setting isn't remembered so if you change programs and go back it is reset back to whatever the audiologist set it to. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

My understanding is if I wish for a streaming mix other than the default 50/50, I can choose to have my audiologist create a 100/0 mix (streamed audio only) in a program slot.  Then moving to that program slot would always put me in 100/0.  I can move into that program via the app or the sensor button.

Having a temporary user controlled mix ratio in an app is similar to many HA and CI brands.  It alters the mix ratio at will.  However every time the processor or HA is turned off and back on, it defaults to 50/50 mix.  So in this way it is user controlled on the go but not a permanent mix ratio change.

I am hoping my understanding is correct.  I look forward to both the ability to have a set program at 100/0 streamed audio only as well as flexibility to alter the 50/50 mix on the go.

Time will tell.  I am excited.

• Members

I'm delighted to hear about the user accessible ability to change mix ratio in the future! 

Of course none of us know exactly how it will be implemented but I don't mind the idea of a "temporary change". 

Perhaps every time the device powers up, it could default to program slot 1 with the programmed default settings for mix, volume, etc.  I have once or twice found myself in the morning on my DAI program (#3 in my case) from the night before. With SSD, it isn't always obvious which program I'm in unless I go to my app.  Personally I would like if it just defaulted to Program 1 to start the day.  Again, others might disagree and that would be nice have as an option set in the app. 

If you want changes to the saved program settings, there should be support to do this in the future through the eventual remote service function without the full cost an in-person appointment but that would be up to the clinic to offer that service.   Of course, I would like to be able to change my program settings myself (Microphone, Mix, ANR, TNR, volume, sensitivity, etc.) but that may be a bridge too far.