Sleeping with cochlear implants

Timfully

I have one cochlear implant (CI), and am considering getting a second one. Currently, I take off my CI when I go to bed, relying on my limited hearing in my other ear to alert me of ny emergencies during the night. Hearing in that ear is declining, however. If I switch to 2 implants, I may not be able to hear anything if both devices are not available. My ENT, however, has noted that some recipients leave a CI on while they sleep. Has anyone tried to do this, and done so successfully? Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

I have a smoke alarm that sends an alert to a transmitter on the night table which is attached to a vibrating disc under the mattress.  I also have a Fitbit which vibrates on my wrist to whichever sound recognition alerts on my iPhone I select.

• Like 1

I typically put my Rondo 3 to help me relax and distract me from my tinnitus but I typically take it off right before I fall to sleep. I find it eases my mind and helps a lot. One of the many reasons I love having two processors, etc.

I rely on my Apple watch. At night mine vibrates for text from certain people, phone calls and alarms. The rest of my normal daytime notifications are silenced at night. 

• Like 1