Skinits!

Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

Got my first skinits! 

C16D09EB-E54F-4CF9-9005-7ACE656D325F.jpeg

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Cool, such a happy looking skins like if there is only two seasons - spring and summer :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Go for it! I love these colourful covers! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Ooops I meant I might copy you @Kara of Canada. For some reason I'm unable to access the skinit website. Idk if it's because I am in Jamaica. Here's what I get when I go to the skinit website. 

20180129_212612-604x453.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok so their not really called skinits anymore. Go to design skins website. This is the company Med El endorses now. designskins.com.uk. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I looked on this site design skins. They have 4700 different ones to choose from or you can design your own. Mine was called summer. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I was able to access the last two links Mary Beth sent for Design Skins. Thanks guys!  

• HearPeers Heroes

Here is what I got from Skinits

IMG_2344 5.jpg

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

I have been asked what piece is it from and can I play it. No b/c I don't see a whole piece.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Ha, I also though about what piece is it on your foils. But then decided not to ask because it should be too complicated for the skin firms to deal with the intellectual property laws. Perhaps, it is something random. But, at some reason, for me it looks like Beethoven :)

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Beethoven would have been appropriate. After all he was a fellow deafie. I can't recall when last I have heard one of his pieces. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, he was one of us, but I thought of his works because his music is beautiful, strong, and powerful just like our MedEl stuff - both give us so needed resilience to advance in our journeys :)

• HearPeers Heroes
9 minutes ago, Ivana Marinac said:

For my fellows, discussants:

https://zenpencils.com/comic/beethoven/

Wow! I love this! Thanks for sharing @Ivana Marinac. I doubt most people remember that Beethoven was deaf most of his life. And to think that his greatest masterpieces were composed when he was deaf is awesome. 

I remember when I learned that I was going deaf. I felt my life was over. Boy was I wrong! I hope I will enjoy life even more when I get my CI! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, Symphony Nr. VII, Part II is my favorite music piece.

A striking fact for the eye: by listening to his pieces a listener can track how his hearing loss developed and how it has, finally, deteriorate. His, the most erratic music pieces were written when he could hear barely or even - nothing.