BB surgery 2 weeks ago

jairotwingonzalez

Hi everybody there. Im a new user of the BCI since 2 weeks ago. Im waiting til october 30th to get the proccesor and find the new sensitive experience of the BB. Hail  to everyone out there using this wonderful implant. Blessings and keep in contact. Undecided

Hi Jairo!

You can read my story if you klick on me, personal info. I have wrote alot in the BB threads

My BB is working quite ok now.  Nice to hear from you when you get the reciver.

/Fredrik

Hi Jairo!

Welcome to Hearpeers. I´ve read your profile, SSD I can see.  You are gonna use the BB as a "overheareing" (free translated from swedish, I don´t now the english term) as a solution for you. 

Threre was a guy that get the BB surgery the same week as me that had SSD. I´ve only met him once after that so I don´t now about his experience. This was about 1 year ago.

I now about children with SSD wich uses BAHA with strap to enforce sound to the working ear.

/Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

Jairo, welcome to hearpeers! stay in touch, cant wait to hear how things go for you.

Hello everybody,

It's my turn, I'll be operate on the 7th october. I'll receive the BB...

I hope I've taken the good decision.

Best regards.

• HearPeers Heroes

Aurelia, congratulations and welcome to HearPeers. Good luck with your surgery. Please keep us informed of your progress. Any questions, there are plenty off people here willing to help.

• HearPeers Heroes

Aurelie,

Welcome to hearpeers! you must be excited about the surgery. That is coming up pretty quickly. Please be sure to update us on how you are doing. Cant wait to hear how it goes

Aurelie, felicitations sur ton choix d'un BoneBridge! There is another recipient named Ivana from Croatia who is waiting for her activation. She is an Ear, Nose and Throat resident/doctor so she can help answer your questions. We are glad you joined and please ask many questions as we love to answer them. Vous axez raison!

Looking forward to your next post.

John

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi John,

Fredrik is right - I am activated since August 14th. Almost 6 week. :)

But everything else is right.

Tomorrow I am having 2nd fitting - we'll see what is possible to get from

lower frequencies. I have examined today my hearing possibilities in free field:

Evidently, my major problem is within lower frequencies - I had problem

Listening contrabass for instance. Jazz music in whole.

Also, I think timbre is problem.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Aurelie,

I remember of your post when you felt bad because your surgeon was not

For BB.

What's happened since then - how did you get BB at last?

I am a BB recipient since July 10th, activated on August 14th.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, we expect a full and detailed report.

Ivana, along with bicycle pictures in the background and an arrow pointing to the new seat post!

Good morning,

I've seen 3 differents surgeons, and the the first one go back from the hospital which is near my home. The replacement surgeon would like to operate with the BAHA only, because the hospital was limited with only 2 BB by year, so it was too complicated. I did'nt want the BAHA.

I've find again my first surgeon, a little farther from my home, and she has oriented me to an hospital which accept operate with no limit of number by year.

Now, I'm happy, but a little worry of the operation.

Best regards, and thank you for your help.

Aurelie, felicitations sur ton choix d'un BoneBridge! There is another recipient named Ivana from Croatia who is waiting for her activation. She is an Ear, Nose and Throat resident/doctor so she can help answer your questions. We are glad you joined and please ask many questions as we love to answer them. Vous axez raison! Looking forward to your next post. John

John, so I'm not sufficiently credible do you think?

why do I care at all, about other people´s surgery´s.  I wan´t the best for everyone.

WhateverUndecided

/Fredrik

And another gay waiting for activation :  ME  Laughing

Surgery was 4 weeks ago, will get my Amané next week.

Hope, it will be as good as the BAHA or better !

Thomas

• HearPeers Heroes

Aurelie, felicitations sur ton choix d'un BoneBridge! There is another recipient named Ivana from Croatia who is waiting for her activation. She is an Ear, Nose and Throat resident/doctor so she can help answer your questions. We are glad you joined and please ask many questions as we love to answer them. Vous axez raison! Looking forward to your next post. John

John, so I'm not sufficiently credible do you think?

why do I care at all, about other people´s surgery´s.  I wan´t the best for everyone.

WhateverUndecided

/Fredrik

Fredrik,

please don't be offended from my side to but there are no place to bad feelings in this community. You do not need to offend yourself to John's remark because I am here pretty regularly here and you came for a while few month ago and then vanish completely. Then you dropped here few days ago - and this is it. On this way Regula and Kelly could also be offended but how John can point new members of the community toward people who are not here on regular basis?!? Surprised

I am pretty sure that John was thinking on this as reason why he point the newcomers toward me and not because possible other elements - each one's observation is important, individual story - to discuss between ourselves and to help each other. This is the true meaning of support group.

But what is support if on the other side is - silence? Undecided

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, along with bicycle pictures in the background and an arrow pointing to the new seat post!

Huh John - do y'a really think it is so easy to get from me that? Wink

Sorry, so many events lately - can you believe that I have unpacked completely from France today? Undecided: papers of course...

But, finally after 3 months of very active life - I can smell more peaceful part of the year: time to breath in and to catch up and to cut down my list of promises...Innocent

• HearPeers Heroes

Full expectation - full report Adam. Wink

Well, let me see - if I can say for the first fitting that  crossed from the dark to the bright side, now I pretty confidently say that my world got colours as well. Cool

We worked on lower frequencies - it can be adjusted pretty easily. Of course, if you have predispositions, and I have - my hearing threshold is averagely on 10dB. People were amazed by my using of phone, possibility to understand whisper - and I took this for granted. Tongue out

For my it was more important "to feel" the music again - and I can do that. I have spent whole evening listening all types of music and I am satisfied. Of course, I will continue to explore what I can get but personally, I am amazed how slight adjustment can change whole feeling. Yesterday, music was so plain: I could hear it, but without timbre it was shallow, technically empty.... I could not even say it was technically cold... It was empty - straight line on heart monitor.

Today totally something different - even on simple laptop loudspeakers it is much better and yesterday I was listening on really acoustically good music machine. I was pretty sad. Cry I really like a music, and I couldn't believe that it can make such difference. But it can.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good morning,

I've seen 3 differents surgeons, and the the first one go back from the hospital which is near my home. The replacement surgeon would like to operate with the BAHA only, because the hospital was limited with only 2 BB by year, so it was too complicated. I did'nt want the BAHA.

I've find again my first surgeon, a little farther from my home, and she has oriented me to an hospital which accept operate with no limit of number by year.

Now, I'm happy, but a little worry of the operation.

Best regards, and thank you for your help.

Bon soir Aurelie,

2 weeks ago I returned from Montpellier where I was 23 days and passed by (little bit further away) on my train trip to Lyon. Very nice nature. Smile

Excellent, it is very good to be firm in your decision and to lead what your head tells you. Going little bit further is no big deal - I went from my country to Montpellier. Where will you be operated?

Of course, each operation is stress but believe me - don't worry. For instance, I was on my bike on my 4th postoperative day. Wink

I have spent 2 days in the hospital just because I had tougher intubation and anaesthesiologists insisted to be under their surveillance in Intensive care unit. First day you are little bit cranky, but second day you feel all right already. I didn't have any kind of pain although my surgeon needed to be inventive - my device couldn't be inserted whole in drilled hole because I have not so favourite anatomical relations. So it sticks little bit but I do not have any problem or pain.

I almost forgot - one thing I have to warn you: with BB you can not go to RRM (MRI, magnetic resonance). The internal part makes pretty bad interferences. MRI is important radiologic procedure for assessing soft tissues, especially of head. I knew that before but I took that risk.

If there is anything I can answer to you - please shoot. Laughing

And another gay waiting for activation :  ME  Laughing

Surgery was 4 weeks ago, will get my Amané next week.

Hope, it will be as good as the BAHA or better !

Thomas

It´s gonna be lightyears better. The capacity of picking up sounds with the Amadé and the frequens response,  ohhh yeaaaa!!

No worries about the glasses I can see. Good surgerySmile

/Fredrik

For my it was more important "to feel" the music again - and I can do that. I have spent whole evening listening all types of music and I am satisfied. Of course, I will continue to explore what I can get but personally, I am amazed how slight adjustment can change whole feeling. Yesterday, music was so plain: I could hear it, but without timbre it was shallow, technically empty.... I could not even say it was technically cold... It was empty - straight line on heart monitor.

Today totally something different - even on simple laptop loudspeakers it is much better and yesterday I was listening on really acoustically good music machine. I was pretty sad. Cry I really like a music, and I couldn't believe that it can make such difference. But it can.

´Hi Ivana!

So, nice to hear about improvments. What did you change in the softwere? Did you get the "input levels" explained to you?

Some of the adjustments are, "own woice", "strong noice", "soft noice" "averall volyme"   and   the equlizer.  There are several more adjustments points, but these are the basics I think.  

/Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

´Hi Ivana!

So, nice to hear about improvments. What did you change in the softwere? Did you get the "input levels" explained to you?

Some of the adjustments are, "own woice", "strong noice", "soft noice" "averall volyme"   and   the equlizer.  There are several more adjustments points, but these are the basics I think.

/Fredrik

Hi Fredrik,

Thank you - I am so happy. :)

As I have explained you in my previous posts, I have got the opportunity to test these "input levels" during my 1st Fitting. My problem was not the volume then the richness of the sound which is defined by lower frequencies.

We adjusted them according to the new audiogram which we made before fitting. And we did also control audiogram after the fitting. By adding 10 dB we made the progress.

Now I will have another adjustment period, and after some time, possibly 2-3 months we will repeat this.

Hi John and all,

I think there is a problem with post, because I know this is you who was on bike the 4th day.

So, I want to tell you that the surgery will be at Lyon tomorrow (I often go in holiday at Palavas, you probably visit this town, it's near Montpellier ?).

I hope I'll feel like you after, and I know the problem for having IRM exams.

I will be at home normaly on thuesday, so goodbye...

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi John and all,

I think there is a problem with post, because I know this is you who was on bike the 4th day.

So, I want to tell you that the surgery will be at Lyon tomorrow (I often go in holiday at Palavas, you probably visit this town, it's near Montpellier ?).

I hope I'll feel like you after, and I know the problem for having IRM exams.

I will be at home normaly on thuesday, so goodbye...

Bonjour Aurelie,

I have definitely passed through Palavas on my way to the coast from the city of Montpellier.

Excellent - Lyon is not so far away from your home. It's a simple mastoidectomy so there should be no vertigo situations.

Keep us posted as soon as you can - we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you. Wink