Music for unilateral CI users

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Be sure to set your phone to MONO for music if you are a unilateral CI user.  This way when songs have separate left and right instrumentals, you will get a merged signal and not miss anything.

On iPhones it is under accessibility for hearing.

Thank you @Mary Beth, I had no idea about this, I'm going to change it in my iPad tonight and try some music.

• HearPeers Heroes

Makes a huge difference when using headphones or devices that have separate L and R channels

@Mary Beth, do you think this will also make a difference when using Aural Rehab apps like AB Clix or  Angel Sounds? I have no idea if they are stereo or Mono...

• HearPeers Heroes

It only impacts music that has different left and right instrumental tracks when using headphones or other devices that deliver different left and right audio.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

On Android 8 and 9

Settings > Additional Settings > Accessibility > Mono Audio. The settings are similar in old versions at least from 4.4.

• HearPeers Heroes

iPhones

settings

general

accessibility (scroll down to HEARING and select MONO AUDIO.  Below that you can adjust the volume to L and R sides so all volume goes only to the side you hear from.)

• 7 months later...