Sonnet Rechargeable Battery Adapter

Gerry

Has anyone else being having problems with  the rechargeable battery adapter malfunctioning due to excessive summer humidity. I had no problems for over a year and a half but have gone through three replacement adapters in the space of two months .

• HearPeers Heroes

I had trouble with my Sonnets using rechargeable batteries and we did end up replacing one rechargeable battery adapter.  It’s too soon to know if that solved this intermittent problem of not powering up.  Was your Sonnet refusing to power up too or was your problem different?

@Gerry

Hi Mary Beth it would not power up, The replacement adapters  worked for a short time and then stopped functioning.  When i switched over to disposable batteries using the disposable battery holder everything worked fine so it does seem that  it is a rechargeable battery adapter issue. The first adapter I had worked fine for a year and a half until this summer which has been more humid than normal so it is possible  that the issue is that the adapters  are impacted by humid conditions. .....no matter how much i used the drying unit they stop functioning completely.... some in a matter .of days

• HearPeers Heroes

@Gerry

I am beginning to wonder if my left Sonnet control unit is the issue as the same rechargeable battery adapter that doesn’t work on the left Sonnet, does indeed work on the right Sonnet.  Baffling.