Sonnet turning on, but not working

Patricio

Hello everyone.

My name is Patricio, i am from chile and my 3 years old daughter Olivia was implanted at 28 and 36 months old with the concerto implant. She has 2 sonnet processors.

She was born with sensorineural hearing loss and we detected it when she was 23 months old.

Both surgerys went fantastic, and all the electrodes connected wonderfully on both sides.

She goes to pre school and has therapy 2 times per week.

Ive been participating in groups on facebook since i knew she was deaf and now i subscribed to hear peers. 

Thanks for all the info published here, it is really helpfull.

Today, something weird happened to one of my daughter's sonnet's. I put the processor in her head normally, but she wasnt hearing. I tried dissasembling, assembling, changed cable, changed dl-coil, changed battery cover, changed battery, but nothing.
I tried to sync the remote control, the lights on the remote did flash once, meaning its synced, but when pressing something on the remote, nothing happened on the processor, no lights when pressing some button. I tried other different remote and nothing happened.
I finally, whatsapped med-el's rep here, and the only solution is sending it to support.

Any advice what to do before sending it?
Thanks!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Patricio

I am glad your daughter is doing so well with her CIs.

Is this problem happening to one or both of her Sonnets?

Use an eraser and clean the battery contacts on both the Sonnet and battery pack assembly... I’m sure there is a vidieo for cleaning the contacts

• HearPeers Heroes

@Patricio

Have you seen this new walk through from Med-El for troubleshooting?

https://www.medel.com/support/sonnet/troubleshooting/ISSUE_sonnet_troubleshooting_audioProcessor

I believe it is recommended that we use a small amount of alcohol for cleaning battery contacts.  Med-El has a video about that on their YouTube channel.

Hi @Patricio

welcome to HearPeers and sorry to hear you've been having problems. 

As the others have said our support pages should help you with everyday problems and I see that you've been in touch with your local MED-EL rep as well. However, if you need any more specific advice, feel free to send us (@MED-EL Moderator) a message with more details. 

Kind regards, Verena