CI done,Jan 15th,and I'm home!!!

GraniPeggy

Hi all,I'm Granipeggy from NC( Peggy) I joined a few weeks back.I had my CI done Tuesday past and came home yesterday! It was amazing! I've had NO PAIN except a slight headache that comes and goes,and my usual chronic back pain.I can't believe there's so little pain! I return to Dr.Pillsbury at UNC hosp.in Chapel Hill,NC.on Jan 28th,for post-op check,and to have the processor turned on.Im very optimistic,and excited. I'm wishing you all the best as you go through your own journeys.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Congrats @GraniPeggy!

Glad that you're recuperating well. Dr Pillsbury is one of the best! Looking forward to hearing about your journey. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news, @GraniPeggy!  Take care of yourself, activation will be here before you know it.

• 2 weeks later...

How did your post op and activation go? I get my surgery on Monday, February 4th and I'm so excited!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
On 1/17/2019 at 2:15 PM, GraniPeggy said:

Hi all,I'm Granipeggy from NC( Peggy) I joined a few weeks back.I had my CI done Tuesday past and came home yesterday! It was amazing! I've had NO PAIN except a slight headache that comes and goes,and my usual chronic back pain.I can't believe there's so little pain! I return to Dr.Pillsbury at UNC hosp.in Chapel Hill,NC.on Jan 28th,for post-op check,and to have the processor turned on.Im very optimistic,and excited. I'm wishing you all the best as you go through your own journeys.

Congrats to you Peggy,

I had no pain other than treated by Tylenol on all my CI surgeries

when is your activation scheduled?

JDashiel,I'm sorry so slow replying. My activation was Feb.6th and it went great! I was hearing immediately,with some distortion,voices at first sounded like Donald duck! Lol Within an hour,while discussing everything with the audioligist,the distortion cleared up and voices still sound normal about 98% of the time.In a crowd setting,in public places,there was still some,depending on the direction of the sound.I am unilateral CI..the other ear was not a candidate.BUT,later on I'm hoping the surgeon will be willing to attempt the other ear,or possibly a different type of procedure,I'm even game for clinical trials. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, I had that with my first CI. Although it took me a little longer, asy a couple of weeks to hear normal. I still wore a a hearing aid on my other ear for one year until I started my second CI.