Newly implanted, post- op med problem..advice please

GraniPeggy

Hi all,I'm Granipeggy from NC( Peggy) I joined a few weeks back.I had my CI done Tuesday past and came home yesterday! It s all been really easy until today..l think it's a combo of prednisone and the antibiotic ,but I'm having to fight to stop stomach hurting.Any suggestions ? Prednisone is up in 2 days..antibiotic at least 4 more. Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

They gave you prednisone?  Ugh.  I hate prednisone.  I assume you have to finish both prescriptions?  Did you call your doctor?

• HearPeers Heroes

Sorry to read this @GraniPeggy.

I would call my CI surgeon’s on call number and ask if I was you.  I hope your stomach feels better soon.

Hi to both Mary& Mary Beth,sorry l haven't responded sooner the tummy pain problem was pretty persistant ! I have now finished both the prednisone and the cleocin.,thankfully! I hit upon never taking the two at the same time;and also taking each one with very cold cottage cheese with soft canned fruit,such as pears or peaches,making sure my stomach was relatively full.That helped a LOT. Plus,l ate freq,small snacks so that my stomach never got empty enough to get very acidic.Im one of those people who meds can easily aggravate the stomach,so to avoid stomach pain,l took them at diff.times,hours apart.Thanks for your consideration,I got a little anxious at first,l admit.LOL ABSOLUTELY NO PAIN,from the implantation,NO nausea,no vertigo...so it was easier to handle this problem. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Mary Beth,l don't actually know at this point,but I sure am HOPING they'll do it this Monday! That's abt 2 weeks post implant,is that too soon?! I've done SO well ,and I'm just SO excited!!LOL

• HearPeers Heroes

@GraniPeggy

It is hard to wait for activation!  Smile.  Most activation appts are with our CI audiologist and tend to be long appts.  Every CI center handles scheduling differently.  I knew my activation appt ahead of time.