Mappings

Marion nancy

Is a norm to need frequent mappings other than regular ones.  Cannot seem to get it right.  

• HearPeers Heroes

What is going on @Marion nancy?  How many months ago were you activated?

My right and left CIs required a different number of MAPpings to get things sounding great.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

What do you regard as frequent vs regular? I had three mappings the first month of activation and then one mapping monthly thereafter. After this week, I should be going every 6 months but I can understand why someone would want more frequent tweaks than having to wait 6 months. 

3 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

What is going on @Marion nancy?  How many months go were you activated?

My right and left CIs required a different number of MAPpings to get things sounding great.

Going on 4months.  Seems excellent in audio office.  After a week I seem to need more maxed on the fine tuner.  Embarrassing to keep going in weekly

2 minutes ago, Jewel said:

@Marion nancy

What do you regard as frequent vs regular? I had three mappings the first month of activation and then one mapping monthly thereafter. After this week, I should be going every 6 months but I can understand why someone would want more frequent tweaks than having to wait 6 months. 

I had 2 the first month.  Then one month later.  Was supposed to be 3 months but I went in before.  The 3 months but wentbsck.  I only have 2 more appts.  My 3 month and the last at 6 month which the end of the yearly appts

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

Every CI center handles things differently.  My audiologist followed this schedule with me...

Activation (left with 4 programs to work through during the first week...each one louder)

One week later (left with 4 programs to work through over the next month)

one month later

one month later

one month later

(Then I added an extra MAPping several weeks later to tweak things a bit.)

three months later

Then we began to have appts for my other side.

• 1 month later...

Since switchon 3rd march I have had 5 mappings. From third session each improved my hearing. However practice helps. I have listened to 2 audio books and have the radio on all the time. 

If you are not happy, go for another session. Good luck 

Peter