Roger mics and Receivers

Jdashiell

• HearPeers Heroes

Roger Mics and Receivers

I received a Roger Pen and Roger X receiver with my Sonnet

I received a Roger Pen and Roger 21 receiver for my second side Sonnet.

I later purchased on my own a Roger Select Microphone.

Because I also Received Rondos in my CI Kits with my Sonnets - I decided that I wanted a Roger Mylink to use with the Rondos to connect to my Roger Pen and Select microphones.

This is because I am so very happy with the quality of sound I receive in my processors when using the Roger microphones (Pen or Select) 

I use them for iPhone calls with or without Innocaption app;

I use it at a restaurant table to hear conversation more clearly;

Usually pairing to my receivers is quite simple, but if these devices give you any problem, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this article to resolve any issues:

https://www.fmhearingsystems.co.uk/phonak-roger-troubleshooting-guide/

Joe

• HearPeers Heroes
1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jdashiell

I am glad you enjoy the Roger tech with all of your processors,

I should have posted in the topic you had already created earlier. My bad.😶

• HearPeers Heroes

It’s fine.  No problem.

• HearPeers Heroes

I saw this too on the same site;

Very informative

Phonak Roger Fast Facts

Phonak Roger LogoPhonak Roger is assistive hearing technology used in conjunction with hearing aids and cochlear implants.

It is based on a new 6.8 million transistors wireless chip and makes use of intelligent and adaptive algorithms that avoid interference and optimise operating range.

Audio signals are digitized and packaged in very short – microseconds – bursts of codes and broadcast repeatedly at different channels between 2.4000 and 2.4835 GHz.

Roger systems monitor continuously which channels are free and adaptively hop around channels occupied by other systems at 2.4 GHz.

Digital codes inform receivers which signals are for them and which are not, ensuring privacy for the user.

Roger allows for flexible and easy creation of networks of wireless microphones and receivers, without fitting software. Frequency planning is not required.

How does Roger sound? Roger provides a full audio bandwidth signal up to 7300 Hz, with an ultra low acoustic delay, high internal signal-to-noise ratio and no noticeable distortion.

And in noise? Roger’s new adaptive behavior and beam formers have been proven to give hearing instrument or CI users the best ever speech understanding scores in noise.

Ambient noise is measured very precisely by Roger microphones and Roger receivers adjust their volume accordingly automatically.

Especially at higher noise levels of 70 to 80 dB the performance of Roger exceeds other wireless technologies by 35 to 54%*.

It is not because Roger is digital or because it operates at 2.4 GHz that Roger delivers such performance, it is because of this adaptive behaviour.

Roger is a new standard? Yes, Roger is compatible to most hearing instruments, cochlear implants, Baha- and soundfield systems. It is license free and the same around the world, so users can travel freely and use their Roger systems abroad.

*Comparison of Speech Recognition with Adaptive Digital and FM Wireless Technology by Listeners who use Hearing Aids, Professor Linda Thibodeau PhD.

• HearPeers Heroes

Roger is designed for speech over distance and speech in noise and does great for both (with Roger Select being better on a table in noise than Roger Pen).

Music has a wider frequency range which Roger tech can not deliver fully.

149490FB-B039-4900-A861-85AFD48BB438.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

That graphic is for the human ear. Does that mean it’s for a normal hearing person?

how does it compare to a deaf ear with a CI?

• HearPeers Heroes

With a CI our MAP determines our frequency range.  If you ask your audiologist, she can tell you.

Mine is 100-8500 Hz.

Roger tech goes up to 7300 Hz so it doesn’t cover the highest part of my frequency range.

@Jdashiell