Self brain training after CI activation /programming

Vinod

I very much like to talk/ meet  some one with CI living near Jacksonville, FL area.  Preferably procedure done at Mayo. We would be able to discuss some common issues. Let me know.  

My one ear CI has been activated about 10 days ago.  Since then I am wearing Rondo 2 (some times sonnet) but it seems I have a long way to go.  I can hear sounds but can never make out what is being said or any conversational speech  I am trying to practice  listen dialogues, music etc but still  not much success.  I know every one has their own journey but based on your experience make any suggestions which  I should be practicing inorder to train my brain to process sound out of CI.  I can't get frustrated at this point so any suggestion will help. Thanks

Vinod

• HearPeers Heroes

@Vinod

If you ask Med-El USA to put you in touch with your region’s Consumer Engagement Manager, she will be able to tell you of events in your area.

I believe I already gave you my favorite ways of doing aural rehab.  If you have any questions about them, let me know.

When is your next MAPping appt?

Mary Beth,

Please tell me what is mapping and how it is done. I am not sure if my mapping is done yet?  Vinod

• HearPeers Heroes
7 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Mary Beth,

Please tell me what is mapping and how it is done. I am not sure if my mapping is done yet?  Vinod

Vinod, how many times have you seen your audiologist?  Usually at activation you get a standard MAP, just to get you started, but you should be visiting your audiologist to set the electrode volumes at settings that work well for you.  That's MAPping.