a year in a life

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

I've been blogging my CI journey since well before I knew for sure I'd be able to get them; and today is the anniversary of my first implantation.  I am so grateful for what I've had the opportunity to receive.

https://hearinglisten.blogspot.com/

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Mary Featherston

I read through some of your blog entries.  Isn’t it so cool to have a record of your CI journey? I have one too but it is just a private journal.  Four years out and I’m still entering WOW moments every month.

You made a comment about a change to one side’s MAP and could that impact both sides.  When we change one side’s MAP for me it impacts that side and also my bilateral sound.  There is a summative effect to hearing as well.

Sometimes it feels like a complex network of dominoes.  A slight change to one setting has ripple effects.  Smile.

I hope you are able to get rid of the echo.

By the way, do you hear the echo when using your Artone bilaterally or only when using the processor mics?

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow, that's a good question, but I haven't been using the Artone that much recently.  I'll have to charge it and see.

• HearPeers Heroes

It's funny (by the way) I have a journal that I used to keep up pretty regularly but the last few years I've fallen off that particular wagon.  I write travelogues and that's about it.  But when I began my CI journey a number of friends wanted to know what was going on and one suggested this, and it's been kind of fun.  I keep names out of it, but other than that have tried to be fairly open.

Lately I've been wondering if I should just stop with the MAP changes and just work on the one I have for a bit longer.  It feels as though it's weeks before I get back to stability after a change, and then we change it again.  But since I have the chance to meet with the Med-El rep tomorrow, I'm going to do that.  This is my last scheduled visit, after this I'll have to schedule them myself (and I don't know what my insurance will cover after this).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I hope your insurance covers as many MAPping appts as it takes until you reach your favorite MAPs.  Of course, your April appt may solve this for you!

• Like 1