Wet hair

Kylie

• HearPeers Heroes

I have washed my hair for the first time since I got my sonnet, and now I can't work out if I can wear it while my hair is still wet! It is long and thick and takes a while to dry. I don't love using a hairdryer so I tend to dry it naturally. I may reconsider this though if it means I can't wear my device... Advice please?!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

It depends I guess on how wet your hair is.  Water dripping into the mic covers will impact sound.

My hair is short.  I towel it dry and can wear my processors right away with no problem.

• HearPeers Heroes

Could it also damage the processor if my hair is wet? (Not really dripping, but at least damp.) That's what I'm really worried about.

Today to be safe I let it air dry before putting it on, but it took 2 hours. Too long!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

I do not know the answer to this.  Sorry.

For our students with long hair....after swim class they dry their hair or at least that section of their heads before putting their CIs back on.

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Kylie

I do not know the answer to this.  Sorry.

For our students with long hair....after swim class they dry their hair or at least that section of their heads before putting their CIs back on.

Thanks that's a good start. Obviously bone dry is not necessary. Will check with audiologist next week.