I go under the knife on Wednesday. At my conference last week with my audiologist, she made sure I understood the mechanics of all the CI, including the magnet. She gave me sort of a stunned look when I asked, "If I'm not wearing the processor, can I wear a refrigerator magnet?" We have an assortment of them,  including a cow and a magnetized church key (also known to the beerless as a "bottle opener").  I can't be the first to think of this as a fashion statement for when I'm not wearing the processor. What do others use?

I was thinking of finding something to wear on top of the coil. I sent my audiologist photos of childrens stickers,  and she was delighted with the idea. I like the idea to enhance the look of the coil. I fancy a thin wood carving. You could probably stick it to the magnet with silicone. I think there's a good business for someone. 

@dongtuuyenblackpeony

Wishing you the best!  Which processor are you choosing?

Med-El internal Synchrony magnets are unique.  They are not like regular magnets.  Regular magnets (like refrigerator magnets) have a top and bottom charge.  Synchrony magnets have a split left and right charge which allows them to rotate (which is why they can withstand stronger MRIs).

I will not place any magnet near my internal magnet except for the ones supplied by Med-El.

Wishing the the very best.

@pdk and @dongtuuyenblackpeony

There are companies that make decals for the coils and for the entire processor.  Check out 

https://www.skinit.com/med-el

You can even design your own images.

There are other companies as well.

Med-El also offers design covers for the coil and for the one piece processors

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/design-covers

Thanks Mary Beth 

I'll pass on the info to our cochlear group.