Ear popped

Sandy123

Implanted post 12 days. Just blew my nose lightly and the implanted ear popped slightly.  Is this cause for concern?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sandy123

I had restrictions on sneezing and nose blowing for awhile post surgery but I do not remember how long.  Can you contact your CI center and ask them?

It felt like I had a bug in my nose I went to rub it not thinking a blew a bit. I am sure there is to be none of that before activation, hopefully there will be no issues...

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sandy123

I remember counting down until it was safe to sneeze.  Smile.  Then I accidentally sneezed a few days before it was safe.  All was fine.

It's a bit nerve racking but it wasn't really forceful...  Thank goodness.   🙂

12 hours ago, Sandy123 said:

It's a bit nerve racking but it wasn't really forceful...  Thank goodness.   🙂

Happened to me. Forgot not to blow my nose during winter. What you just experienced is one of the reasons why it’s one month post surgery for activation. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I experienced the same worry until I researched online then I stopped worrying. Implant will still work but the first few weeks is a bit nerve wracking sometime. I was worry the implant was sliding out of cochlea or something. 

All seems to be fine with me so I'll not worry about it...

Recall having popping noises. At one instance it felt like I had a bubble in my ear and when I hummed I could hear sound. Got all excited, thought residual was going to be good. No problems but no residual. No need to worry.