Sound/Speaker set up for watching TV

jamesm

Hi All,
Curious to know whether any of you have any suggestions for how to set up speakers etc for watching TV. Even when wearing my bonebridge I need the TV louder than my wife would like (!), so I'm looking at options for positioning a speaker behind me on my deaf side. I've even been looking at one of these neck speakers - 

Grateful for any advice, tips or steers on this. Do you have a TV speaker setup that works for you? 

Jamie  

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @jamesm

Do you have any accessories with your Samba that can connect to a TV transmitter?

CI users can use Roger Select placed near the TV and a Roger receiver.  If they opt for a Roger MyLink neckloop receiver they can control the TV volume without changing the TV volume for others.

I have a Minitek Wireless enhancer, but it makes virtually no difference (is possibly faulty - I'm investigating). 

I haven't heard of a Roger Select, but it sounds great. Will find out more. 

Many thanks, Mary Beth. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update to this in case anyone finds it helpful. I've just bought a Sony SRS LSR-100 - it's a little speaker which streams audio from your your TV using a radio signal (which is much stronger and more reliable than bluetooth). It has a 'voice zoom' button which works really well to increase the clarity of spoken dialogue. You can even use it as a remote control for your TV. 

Working really well so far, and would recommend. It's not cheap, but I found it for £125 (in the UK). I also managed to get it VAT exempt on medical grounds as it qualifies as a hearing aid. Again, this may not be possible outside the UK, but it's worth investigating. 

Some links, reviews here: 

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting @jamesm

Keep up posted on how it works after using it awhile longer.  I’d love to read your pros and cons.