Expectation after 2 years with CI

mgfiest

Hi,

After 2 years having this CI and with a hearing rating at 90%, my expectation is that I would not hear "robot" voices anymore.

But I have noticed when watching tv and a show I have not seen or know the actor, their voices start off robotic until I tune into them.

Is that normal? I would have thought my brain and CI have heard every kind of noise in that 2 years.

• HearPeers Heroes

@mgfiest

It seems to be entertainment through speakers for you.  It does solve itself it seems.  It may just take more time and exposure.  Frustrating though I bet.

• HearPeers Heroes

@mgfiest  I have a similar thing going on, though not exactly the same.  For me, the TV sounds really clear.  But music is taking a very long time.  I just noticed this week that some songs that had been sounding tinny and weird are starting to sound better - I have heard individual voices or instruments well for some time, but it's taking my brain a while to sort out harmony and multiple voices/instruments.  I think it's going to keep getting better!