New to the forum

Tommy C

Hi, I am Tommy C. I am a little late joining the forum so will give a summary of implant and progress since activation. I had the implant surgery on August 29, 2019 and was activated on September 11, 2019 with a Rondo2. My hearing before the implant was only about 10 or 12 percent, I could not hear anything without hearing aids and could not understand much with them. At the activation, as soon as the audiologists turned it on I could hear her talking but could not understand the words. She continued to make adjustments and I started to understand what she was saying. By the time the session was over she sounded funny, but I could understand her. My next appointment was 2.5 weeks later. By the end of the first week I could carry on conversation with my family with ease. By the end of the second week everyone’s voices sound normal, the electronic sound was gone. I listened to audio books with no problem. I was communicating with everyone by using the implant only, no hearing aid in the other ear. I can hear Church services without the use of my old FM receiver. The music at first sound like static but by the end of the second week sound normal. I just returned to the audiologists for my third set of adjustments. The only problem that I am having is TV sounds like people have laryngitis, but it is gradually getting better.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tommy C

welcome!  You are off to a flying start!  Awesome!

Are you using either of the clips to secure your Rondo 2?

Thank you Mary Beth. Yes, I am off to a flying start. I feel blessed beyond anything I could have hoped for. 

I am using the clip that attaches to my shirt collar.

I also ware a cap when the occasion allows it. That keeps me from accidently knocking the Rondo 2 off.