Speech to text LiveTranscribe combined with remote mic

Mary Beth

9 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Carmen B

My favorite speech to text app for iPhone is otter.ai.  Ten hours every month free.  If you want more than ten hours, there is a fee.  It has the best accuracy on iPhones of all the apps I tested with my iPhone.  Do not get confused by an iPhone app called Live Transcribe.  It is not connected to the android free LiveTranscribe and it is not accurate for me.

Looks like it's free on Android. Just installed it on my Huawei p20 lite

• HearPeers Heroes

I dunno how I've missed this thread..... That's a really brilliant video Mary! thanks for taking the time to produce it, just the thing to show my wife who is struggling.... sadly she is not a Med-el user, she uses Cochlear Nucleus.

8 minutes ago, pdk said:

Looks like it's free on Android. Just installed it on my Huawei p20 lite

You get 40 minutes and it has to be online. Live transcribe also only works on line but is free on Android

10 minutes ago, Mr-LJ said:

I dunno how I've missed this thread..... That's a really brilliant video Mary! thanks for taking the time to produce it, just the thing to show my wife who is struggling.... sadly she is not a Med-el user, she uses Cochlear Nucleus.

Check my website for live transcribe

https://pdkknight.editorx.io/getanearful/blank-25

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

LiveTranscribe is awesome and free but only works on android phones.

The best solution I have found for accuracy on iPhones is otter.ai.  It gives 10 hours of use each month free (in 40 minute segments but a new session can start right after the previous one ends).

• HearPeers Heroes

There is no doubt that the secret, lies in having a *GOOD* quality microphone for the Live Transcribe to work well. I've had fun in my zoom meetings where there are usually 50 or so participants, hearing how their Laptop, desktop, phones etc, microphones perform in producing live text. Some people who are very clear in their speech but the subtitles come up poor.... on the other hand, a hard to understand Lituanian accent, and the subtitles come up great! It becomes obvious who has the better microphones. 😂

• 4 months later...

If I remember clearly, Audext provides such feature. Also it has a lot of additional features, including the choice between manual and automatic transcription services. I think it will be helpful. Moreover, it gives 30 minutes for free.