Audio link with sonnets

Liz

Hi all,

I have the sonnets and wondered how the audio links connects with them, as I thought it was more for sonnet 2?  I am interested in streaming for tv, music, phone etc.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

AudioLink is for Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2.  Both have an internal 2.4 receiver to connect with AudioLink.

For phone calls, AudioLink connects to phone directly using BT.  Clip AudioLink to your collar so the other person hears you.

For TV, AudioLink connects via its dock directly to the TV.  

For streaming music, AudioLink has 2 options:

-use provided cables to plug into phone to stream music/audiobooks/everything that is not a phone call

-download an A2DP converter app, follow the app’s directions, must run the app in the background to stream those sounds without cables

I encourage everyone to test the AudioLink and the A2DP converter apps before purchasing.  Some people like the AudioLink a lot.  Others do not.  Like all tech, our experiences vary.  Good luck.

Hi Mary Beth, I'm not sure what the 2.4 receiver is?  I do have parts for the sonnets with cables to plug into devices, but don't use these.  I will research into audio link and roger pen next year.  Thanks for your help.  Liz

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

The 2.4 internal receiver in the Sonnet and Sonnet 2 is what receives the sound from the AudioLink.  So when we use the AudioLink, we do not need any extra items.  We also do not need to change any settings through our FineTuner.

The Roger System uses a transmitter (Roger Pen or Roger Select) and sends that audio to a Roger receiver.  For Sonnet and Sonnet 2 the most popular receiver is called Roger 21....it is built into a special Sonnet battery cover.

If you have questions about any cables you have in your kit, just ask.  We are happy to help.