Rondo 2 Fine tuner replacement

Roxane

This might be a long shot but we are in need of a new fine tuner after my husband’s was left in his jeans and went through the washer, and dryer. Short of ordering brand new, I wasn’t sure if anyone is familiar with an accessory swap option among other patients and perhaps someone has one they no longer use due to an upgrade.  We are hoping it will miraculously start working again after it sits a few days, if not, exploring all options and not wanting to use the one time replacement option. Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Roxane

Sorry that happened.  Have you removed the battery and then tried a dry kit?

There is a Med-El user swap group on FB.  Maybe someone can help you there.

Thank you, we have been so careful.  But so grateful it wasn’t the processor! And thankfully he is in a program he is comfortable with. Someone else also suggested the same  but we do not have a dry kit, probably because the Rondo is sealed up nicely they don’t need one. Considering ordering one to give it a try. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Roxane

Just to avoid any misunderstanding...

Rondo 2 can not go in any dry kit.

I was suggesting putting the FineTuner in a dry kit after removing its battery.  Some people have dry kits from previous processors or hearing aids.

I hope you find one.  They are expensive.

@Roxane If worst comes to worst try completely covering it in a bowl of rice, salvaged a cellphone that way once. (That is uncooked rice) it will draw out the  moisture. I think it took about 4 days for the cell phone to start working. It is a long shot but worth a try.