Got New iPhone

Ricky

I have Roger Pen and my iPhone XR doesn’t have 3.5mm jack as we all know. As I was looking for way to use jack instead of AD2P which I agree with Marybeth saying it’s lowered quality of sounds. So I googled as there has to be a way and found this: Apple Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter. 

In Canada, it’s only $10, guess Apple isn’t feeling particularly greedy with this one. Was surprised at low cost. Works very well. 

I didn’t like the lowered quality of sounds through AD2P. I like reading and listening to audiobooks. Music sounds better thru jack.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ricky

I have that lightning to 3.5 adapter too.  It came with my iPhone.  Kind of hidden in the box on the back side of a packing card.

I agree that the direct cable connection sounds better than using A2DP converter apps for Roger or AudioLink in order to stream other audio (besides phone calls) from our phones.

But I prefer no cables and much less cumbersome devices.  The Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop is light, easy to use, sounds great and wireless.  If you have a chance, test it out.

Enjoy your audiobook.  Any book recommendations?

Reading Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series, on 4th book. My sister gave me most of 13 books. Using Libby for audiobooks. Sometimes will use YouTube for audiobooks if my library doesn’t have them in either CD or Libby. 

My box didn’t have adapter hidden in there. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ricky

Apple must’ve stopped doing that as they move away from even giving us a lightning port at all!  Yikes!  I am not quite ready for that.