BoneBridge with Samba - vibrations?

Season McClelland

Hello! I have conductive hearing loss and was diagnosed with an encephalocele in September, 2019. When my doc repaired my encephalocele in October, 2019, he also installed a BoneBridge. I had my Samba activated a few weeks later. 

For the most part, this has been a decent recovery. I'm still dealing with occasional dizziness and difficulty in processing some things, both of which are normal after brain surgery. 

Recently, though, my entire head feels like it's vibrating. This happens with or without my Samba attached and my BoneBridge activated. My doc ordered a CT scan and other than the screws on my BoneBridge being incredibly close to the surface, everything with my implant looks good. 

Has anyone else experienced this? It keeps me from using my device which means I'm not hearing as well out of that ear. If you have experienced this, were you able to discover the cause and resolve the issue? 

Thank you! 

Thank you! I've been looking for other posts with this implant and device and I'm not seeing any. 🤷‍♀️

Hi @Season McClelland

sorry to hear about your situation! 

Have you also been in touch with your local MED-EL team about this? If you want, we can get you in touch with your local representative so they can have a closer look at your situation. 

Best regards, Verena