Any suggestions for Cell phone good with Roger Pen?

Neil

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone that is probably about 5 years old. And to  me the sound is sometimes terrible, with and without the Roger pen.

With the Roger pen the sound is very "bassy", almost echoing. And some calls are terrible (though the other caller can also have a bad phone).

But I am wondering if anyone has found any particular phone that works well with the pen?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Neil

Have you tried using the Artone BT neckloop instead?

2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Neil

Have you tried using the Artone BT neckloop instead?

No, but I looked it up at your mention and will keep it in mind. I think I first should get a new cell phone. So, I will shop around on that...Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

I have an iPhone 8 and the sound quality is good.  I haven’t used an android phone lately.

@Neil

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't have experience with the Roger, yet at least. But, from a phone perspective, if you're partial to Android you can't go wrong with pretty much any Samsung device; they're just about the standard (and they've gotten vastly better about putting out regular updates the past couple of years). My wife and I both have the Galaxy S10+. If not Samsung, I'd recommend a Pixel 3A/4 (the 4A will be coming out soon, and the 5 in the fall more than likely).

EDIT - the Pixel 3A is on sale right now $120 off direct from Google as it turns out.

I don’t like to recommend phones to people because everyone has different standards. With that being said I have a Kyocera. They are built tough for people who work construction. I don’t work construction but I am tough on phones, I dropped it from my pocket into about two foot of water in which it rested for about five minute before I figured out how to retrieve it and it still worked fine. The reason that I recommend you checking out this phone is that it seems to have more volume than other phones that I have had in the past. I don’t use any assistive devices with the phone. I just hold it near the Rondo 2 processor and I have to turn the phone volume down to half volume. Stands to reason that they may have a little more volume being build for construction workers in a noisy environments. What ever phone that you are interested it get them to demo it at the store so that you can see first hand how the clarity works for you.

On 5/28/2020 at 2:39 PM, Mary Beth said:

I have an iPhone 8 and the sound quality is good.  I haven’t used an android phone lately.

@Neil

Thanks..

22 hours ago, Tommy C said:

I don’t like to recommend phones to people because everyone has different standards. With that being said I have a Kyocera......

Thanks