Roger 21 battery cover - special care

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh mentioned important info on care of the Roger 21 battery covers.  And also successful troubleshooting when his Roger Pen/Roger 21 receivers were not working correctly.  I asked Dave to share the info here with all of us.

• 4 months later...

Something I have found helps when the Roger 21 sleeve does not seem to want to connect and transmit the signal. Slide the cover off and on a few times and it just does't connect.

I slide off the cover and get a cue tip. I spray the end of the cue tip - the cotton  ball -with a little shot of WD 40 spray. Then I wipe down the electrical circuit leads inside  the cover - right to the base of it - with the damp cotton tip and also where it connects to the Sonnet itself. These are all brass colored strips. Don't worry - the WD in this product stand for water displacement. I slide the cover back on and I am connected right away.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ron L Sinclair

Interesting.  Med-El recommends cleaning contacts with a little bit of rubbing alcohol.  I have not read anything about cleaning the contacts inside the Roger 21 battery sleeve.

Are you enjoying your Roger system?  Are you using the Roger Pen or Roger Select?  When do you find it helpful?