Camping with rechargeables

Watersail

I recently went camping without access to electrical power. My original plan was to try out the disposables for the first time. Unfortunately, they didn't last very long, in fact right before we hit the open road. I ended up grabbing my rechargeable batteries and charging kit along with my battery pack/portable charger thing. It worked great, the power needed to keep the CI batteries charged seemed to be fairly low on the battery pack.

When I got home, I checked the vents and they seem to be clean, I also cleaned them again but the disposables still didn't last.

They are the Power One Implant Plus p675 that I received with my kit.They should be good until March 2023 per date on the back. I made sure to wait a minute or two after peeling off the sticker before plugging it into the CI and turning on the CI.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Watersail

Something must be wrong with either the batteries or your battery pack/cover.  I use PowerOne Implant batteries with my Sonnet 1 processors and get two full 16 hour listening days and a bit more.

That's unfortunate. I'll try another pair of batteries and maybe I was just unlucky.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Watersail if you're camping with your car (that is, not backpacking so you can afford to bring big things) there are portable solar panels that are the bee's knees.  We have one that keeps the lights in our camper running (we replaced them with LEDs so they don't draw a lot of current) and keep our phones, tablets and CIs charged.

That is a great idea. I was camping in the part of Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, where it seems rain-foresty. I'm not sure how effective the solar panel would be, but i'll give it a shot next time.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Watersail- that may be part of the problem.  My first time camping with CIs we were up near Grand Marais, MN and it rained and was humid the whole time.  My processors had to go through two dry-box cycles when I got home.