MikeA

MikeA

Hi HearPeers

I am a long time menieres patient who over time has lost my hearing gradually. About 1 year ago I completely lost my hearing in the left ear .. and this time it didn’t come back, even after cortisone treatment. So I am now waiting for my CI operation to be scheduled (hopefully) in the next few weeks, so very excited to be able to hear again on my left side. I have been offered the choice of 2 CI off the ear solutions.. kanso from cochlear and rondo from med-el so was wondering if anyone in this forum has experience with either of these solutions and can give me feedback on the pros and cons of these products.. thanks Mike 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MikeA

Congratulations on being approved for a CI.  Wishing you the very best.

I have experience with Rondo 1 and love it.  There are many happy Rondo 2 users here.  Rondo 3 has just released here and I am excited about its dual mics, adaptive intelligence features and water resistance.

Thanks @Mary Beth for the quick reply.. I’m trying to do some comparisons between the products do you or anyone else know if there is a features guide on the rondo 2 and the kanso devices. Thanks Mike

• HearPeers Heroes

@MikeA

Is Rondo 3 not an option for you?  It is the most recent Rondo processor.

• 7 months later...

Mike not clear if your Ménière’s was bilateral? I’m single sided and now a candidate for CI.