Sonnet vs Sonnet 2

Patricio

Hello, please I would like some advice / experiences for upgrading from sonnet to sonnet2 for my 5 years old daughter.

We have the opportunity to upgrade to Sonnet2 or Rondo 3 and we are not sure wich one fits better. 

I had the idea that Sonnet2 has built in bluetooth so it can be used with mobile phones or computers, but it seems it doesnt.

Please I need some feedback. Thank you very much.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Patricio

Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3 share many features like dual mics and adaptive intelligence settings in ASM 3.

Sonnet 2 can be worn with the AudioStream battery cover attached always.  That battery cover has a BT receiver built in.  With the AudioStream battery cover the Sonnet 2 streams all audio directly from the list of compatible phones and tablets.  I love it!

Thank you very much Mary Beth, always so helpful.

Couple of more questions.

Does Audiostream connects to Sonnet 1?

Is the audio quality of the Sonnet 2 better than the Sonnet 1?

Thank you !!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Patricio

Yes AudioStream does work with Sonnet 1.  It requires a different battery pack or rechargeable battery adapter.  I use it with my Sonnet 1 processors.  I use Power One implant disposable batteries as streaming shortens the life of batteries.

If ASM 3 adaptive intelligence features of Sonnet 2 are available in your area, that is an advancement from Sonnet 1.  In the US, ASM 3 has not yet been FDA approved so in the US Sonnet 2 is still using ASM 2 (like Sonnet 1).

There is a new computer chip in Sonnet 2/Rondo 3 that is more advanced.

• Like 1