Perth humpback whales

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

We are watching the Secrets of Whales on Disney+ (National Geographic) and they showed that 30,000 humpback whales migrate right past Perth!  Have you seen them?

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Kylie

We are watching the Secrets of Whales on Disney+ (National Geographic) and they showed that 30,000 humpback whales migrate right past Perth!  Have you seen them?

Not this year but I have previously. It's amazing.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

Before I had CIs we vacationed in Maui during humpback whale season.  While snorkeling my family told me they could hear a humpback whale singing underwater.  Of course, I could not hear anything.  But then I felt strange vibrations in my body.  I signed to my family (sign language is very helpful while snorkeling!) and a whale was singing!

Now that I have bilateral CIs and absolutely love Rondos in waterwear, I can not wait to return to Maui during whale season and actually hear whales singing while snorkeling!

• Like 3

I was in Sydney  and we have a whale watching  platform  on Cape Solander, in May/June we have volunteers for the National parks service  count the whales past a buoy in the bay to make a Whale census and give the Government and wildlife  services the information.  It's  cold but fun. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim

sooo neat! How is life going for you?