Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Two free automatic speech to text features on android phone/tablet

LiveCaption

image.jpeg.fa18907bbec3a292e6a8ce3b22903065.jpeg

LiveTranscribe

8DE919E6-4C21-4FA1-B5A5-8884F830E018.jpeg

• 5 months later...

My workplace is so dynamic and I can't predict who is going to show up and start talking in group setting with mask on.  I wish I could have this running in the background all the time.

Maybe somewhere there's a smart watch with always accurate CC you can glance at while someone is speaking.  I know it might look rude but it may worth it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

Are you able to set up an android tablet connected to Wi-Fi at work?  If yes, you could run live transcribe.  I use an inexpensive android tablet to demonstrate live transcribe.  It is quite accurate.  And I have a stand for it which makes it easy to position.

Sounds like a brilliant idea MB! What is the range of this,  as in how close does the speaker need to be?

I have a surface pro at work i'll give this a try!

I've dropped another long post in the topic, describing some of the situations I have to find solutions for.   I appreciate your reply.   

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

It depends on what you use as the mic.  When we had a dinner of 6 around a table, I connected the Roger MyLink to the android tablet in the stand and placed the Select on the table while running LiveTranscribe for a friend with hearing loss.  It worked great for hours.