How to upgrade the firmware (software) your Roger accessories

Dennisjbr

Hello all!  It has come to my attention that others may be interested in this. I found out that Phonak made available their firmware upgrade software for anyone to download.  I assume this happened during the pandemic when we could not visit our Audiologists  for quite some time.  

Recently I revisited this to see if there was updated software to allow for greater connectivity and there was!  

Please visit https://www.phonakpro.com/us/en/support/product-support/wireless-accessories/roger-upgrader.html and follow instructions carefully. 

NOTE: Windows OS is required to perform the update.  Also please keep the Roger accessories connected to the computer and do not disconnect for sure until it has rebooted, and then scan the device again to ensure it has the updated firmware.  Sometimes, it may be required to attempt the update more than once or to power-cycle the device(s).  

DISCLAIMER: Perform this at your own risk. If you are not tech-savvy enough, please check in with your Audiologist!  

Good luck and hope this helps!

@Mary Beth @John R

48 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Dennisjbr

This worked with your Select right?

@Mary Beth Yep. I got mine in 2018 by the way. Not sure if there are different hardware versions as well? I vaguely remember The readme saying there were Bluetooth radio updates as well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

I am going to have to find a way to do this.  I’ll check with my friends with PCs.

Im the same as @Mary Beth you lost me at PC 🤣
Ill have to get win to my Audi. fortunately I have 2 appointments booked this month already. 

JR

• 1 month later...

Checking in here ot see if anyone was able to update their Rogers using Windows Updater?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

I am stuck because I do not have the ability to run PC programs