Med-El you tube video of workshop on SSD

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kirk S.

@Kylie

Perth Australia using objective testing to alter MAPs just like Kylie described!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey that's awesome! What a great lecture. It was great to see my doctor Dayse explain it so well. I have done all the things she mentioned in her clinic as either as a client and/or research subject. I was one whose map did get changed based on the objective cortical testing and it was way better.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

It was just like you described it!!! Cool!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Mary Beth.

Thanks for sending this along. It's very helpful, though I'm not sure I understand all the technical details. I'll give it two or three more listens and hopefully it will sink in.

In the meantime, I'll send it along to my audiologists here in Japan. I'm sure they'll struggle with the English, but they may follow some of the charts and technical terms. I have an appointment next week, so I'll let you know. Thanks again for being so thoughtful, and I'll look forward to seeing you (and Kylie!) at our next chat.

Best,
Kirk

• Like 4

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kirk S.

The thing that intrigues me at @Kylie’s CI center (due to the amazing research her audiologist is doing) is the ability to use objective measures for each electrode.  There is a way to do that using the Med-El Maestro software as well.  But Kylie’s audiologist is doing cutting edge research on SSD.

• Like 2