Unboxing Med-El's Rondo 3

Dennisjbr

Hi everyone! 

I've finally sat down to edit, and create proper captions for the Unboxing Rondo 3 video.  It's now live on YouTube.  Appreciate any feedback! Also, I recommend playing at 2x speed if you don't need to follow along with everything.  :) 

PS You may find a couple of cameos from one of our cats. :D Enjoy!  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Dennisjbr Thank you for creating the video and sharing it with us. It was very informative. Now I'm looking forward to receiving my Rondo 3 kit on Sept 01st for the initial hook-up. I also chose AudioLink as the accessory to go with it. 

Cheers! 

My pleasure @Flywithme!  Happy to answer any questions you have after you get them.   Yes definitely get the AudioLink. It's $600+ vs Artone 3 is $130 (which you can get out of pocket.  Another quick tip:  I just found out they have charging cables for the Rondos but they are extra.  I am trying to get insurance to pay for these too because sometimes, the Rondo 3's can come off-center from the charging base.   But you can always check the battery levels using the AudioKey app (via direct Bluetooth LE) any time if you wonder if they charged or not.  It's pretty cool!  

@Dennisjbr Thanks for the quick tip. The cochlear implant program assistant at the hospital gave me four options to choose from as part of the activation kit. But I could only select one option at no cost. That's why I picked AudioLink, the most expensive one and I also figured I would definitely benefit from it.  The charging cable was part of the four options (AudioLink, Artone neckloop, charging cable for power bank, extra set of Air Charger). But I guess, I can always purchase it later. I can't wait to receive the kit.  

Cheers. 

Charlie 

• Like 2

Great to "hear!"  I could not make the google meetup because we were driving to LA and getting our youngest moved back into her apartment for her Senior year of college. I am saying this because I wore Rondo 3's throughout the trip, and streamed bluetooth to my Rondos on the drive (6+ hours), and continued to use them until late at night when we finally got to the hotel room. Battery life was still good and did not give me any low battery warnings. So I know the battery life has and will work well for me at 14+ hours so far.  Even with streaming!  So happy not to be frequently messing with batteries for the Sonnets every so often, especially when draining them faster from streaming.  

Cheers!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

Sounds like Rondo 3 is a great fit for you!  Yay!

Were you streaming via AudioLink on the drive?  Did you use a BT adapter plugged into AudioLink or cable it somehow?

On 8/18/2021 at 12:06 PM, Mary Beth said:

Which BT adapter did you decide was best?  Link to it?

@Mary Beth this time around it was the more expensive Radsone EarStudio device.  Also --- because of wind noise, etc, i really, really, love the fact that i can tune out environment noise vis the AudioLink!  Link to Radsone EarStudio is here: https://smile.amazon.com/EarStudio-ES100-24bit-High-Resolution-Bluetooth-Unbalanced/dp/B078H4YD2L  Also I really love the iphone app to control equalizer function and it does have a pre-amp volume overdrive to increase volume over previous limits. 

Also, another quick tip that worked well with AudioLink reception, i clipped the audiolink to the visor so it's pointing down over my head and reception was perfect. No static.  

• HearPeers Heroes

I was wondering where you clipped the AudioLink in the car since your preferred location (back of shirt) would not be comfortable there.  Good idea to use the visor! @Dennisjbr

Are you using the 2.5 to 3.5 cable from your BOSE QC35?

Just read more about this device. So you can alter how things sound through the app and it saves it.  Did you alter any setting?

You have another mix setting…. Do you use ambient mode or use the AudioLink mix button?

4B7F5879-C2F8-4376-8CCD-99AD8F13F30F.png