Comparing experiences with various assistive tech

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Looking for HearPeer members who have used more than one of these…

AudioStream

AudioLink

Artone

Roger

BOSE QC35 

AirPod MAX

BT adapters

Direct Audio Input cables

We would love to hear your pros and cons.  Thank you!

58 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

** AudioStream

** AudioLink

Artone

** Roger

** BOSE QC35 

AirPod MAX

** BT adapters

** Direct Audio Input cables

** I have used 6 of the above, and can easily get my hands on the other two, what is the question in relation too? Pro's and and Con's of what exactly?
SO many variables here.... 

• HearPeers Heroes

@John R   I will let @SKOM describe what he is seeking. And you will be great at comparing/contrasting them!  Thank you!

Hello there

I have iPhone 11 Pro and iPad 12.9 inch and I am looking for tech that I can use to seamlessly transition audio output from these two devices to my sonnet 2 processors bilateral  

I have used audio stream/ audio link/ direct audio cables /and Artone three max /also the Quatro

my best experience has been with audio stream and iPhone 

With my iPad  I am using a Bluetoothneckloop such as Artone  or Quattro

Artone does sound better than the Quatro

DAI CAbles are good but cumbersome as the user is tethered!

Thanks 

I use Bose QC35 headphones for phone calls as I get a better audio quality with those than I do with the Artone 3. I use Artone for yoga classes and hikes (paired with their little mic) and just the neckloop for podcasts to bike/run. I'm hoping for success with the AudioStream, but haven't bought those yet. I'm really quite fond of the Artone and Bose set up, and don't want to move away from that unless the AudioStream can kick both to the curb. I have two sonnets (the first version).

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @ats169 and I am glad you are happy with both BOSE QC35 and Artone (neckloop and mic).

Curious how the Bose fits over the processor? I use Sonnet 2 EAS and Rondo 3, tho if I'm being honest mostly has been Rondo 3. I'm still a newbie though but I'd like something that I can use with both my hearing aid and CI as I'm not yet at a point where I can even consider going bilateral. I already miss bilateral streaming and am looking at available options that would work with my existing stuff. 
I'm an iPhone user and quickly found out that I'd have to switch my phone over to an Android and get a new hearing aid for phone calls. I'm not anti-Android but I have some stuff on my iPhone that I must have for my job that makes switching devices too much of a headache. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

I am a iPhone user too.

As long as your hearing aid has a telecoil and your HA audiologist has it turned on, Artone BT neckloop streams to both HA + Sonnet EAS or Rondo 3 (with the telecoil adapter attached).

Link to my captioned review of Artone:

BOSE QC35 fits nicely with my Sonnets.  They fit inside the ear cup.  As long as they do not produce feedback issues with your hearing aid, they would be a great option when you are wearing Sonnet EAS (but not Rondo 3).

@Mary BethLooks good - you just sold me on the Artone!

As for telecoil I'll have to check but I know it was turned on at some point. Just have to make sure it is still on. 

I was hoping to be further along than I currently am but the electrode array is still causing me issues. Next appointment is another 2-parter, 9/16 and 9/17. More testing and mapping.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Our CI journeys are kind of like marathons.  Each ear is unique, even two ears of the same person.  MAPping my right side is quite straightforward.  MAPping my left side is very complicated.  In the end they are very balanced ears.  But getting my left ear MAPped optimally is much more difficult.

The common myth of CI journeys taking one year is just not my experience at all.  I am 6 years out and still notice improvements.

Hang in there.  And keep asking questions and sharing your journey here. Lots of terrific members here.

@Mary BethYeah - I'm hoping things start improving. I'll hopefully know more at my next appointments as my Audiologist was going to take a deeper look into my file and possibly bring MED-EL into the loop yet again for more brainstorming. At least the sensations are gone (again). I'm getting the staticky sounds though, just without the twitching now. SH/CH and similar are way overexaggerated and if a sentence has lots of those in it I lose everything that is in-between. It does seem to be slightly better when streaming so just looking for a good bilateral option for now. My audiologist keeps insisting that I'm getting too far ahead on things but I like convenience and tech.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mary Beth Just got my Artone delivered! Its so much smaller than I thought since I've never seen it in person before now. Just making sure its charged up before I give it a whirl. Also got two different design covers for my Rondo as I want to start dressing up the processors. Got the Oriental Flower and Pirate; a while back I got the kitty cover for my Sonnet 😄

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Great design choices!   I keep thinking of getting the green monster DL coil cover.  Every time I see it, it makes me smile.

Let me know how the Artone works for you.  It is very small and very light!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

When you use the FineTuner Echo remote or the AudioKey2 remote app with your Sonnet 2, and select T nothing happens?