Overear headphone with rondo 3 possible

cnherzfeld

Hello Fantastic Forum community,

I will be Having My surgery in January And hence I am a newbie. I am much interested in the rondo3. Does anybody here have experience with wearing an over ear headphones on top of the Rondo3. 
for me I will have an implant only on one side, hence this would allow me to wear my headphone then and most likely then adjust volume on my soundsource foe right left balance for the headphone.

I would appreciate your feedback very much,

Best Regards, Cris

• HearPeers Heroes

@cnherzfeld

Welcome to HearPeers and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

I have not found a way to use headphones comfortably with Rondo.  But there are options for listening to both Rondo and an acoustic ear.

Check out this link for a review on CozyPhones,

@cnherzfeldI also have one CI and have both the Rondo 3 and Sonnet 2 and I thought I would only use the Rondo but alas I actually prefern the Sonnet 2 and one of the reasons : I love the way my Bose Headphones hit the microphone on the Sonnet 2 , etc. and I also use them successfully w/the Bose sunglasses w/speakers. Lastly, keep in mind only the Sonnet 2 has the capability to directly stream, best of luck Cris!

Since April, I've been using the Sony WH-1000XM3 noise cancelling headsets with my Rondo 3. As I only use one Rondo, I need to adjust the headband to cover my ear on one side and my Rondo on the other. You can't use the Sony XM2 headset as the speaker magnet design will pull the rondo out of position. This doesn't happen with the XM3. The resulting sound is very clear (to me) and great on long trips.

I only wish there was a way to simultaneously stream Bluetooth stereo audio to two devices (Audiolink and my one earbud) from an iPhone. 

Thanks a million for all your answers. How great to have such a friendly well informed forum at the beginning of that significant journey!!!

On 12/19/2021 at 4:18 PM, Arctic express said:

Since April, I've been using the Sony WH-1000XM3 noise cancelling headsets with my Rondo 3. As I only use one Rondo, I need to adjust the headband to cover my ear on one side and my Rondo on the other. You can't use the Sony XM2 headset as the speaker magnet design will pull the rondo out of position. This doesn't happen with the XM3. The resulting sound is very clear (to me) and great on long trips.

I only wish there was a way to simultaneously stream Bluetooth stereo audio to two devices (Audiolink and my one earbud) from an iPhone. 

Hello Arctic Express, i was thinking about your last sentence. Did you try ever with so called Bluetooth splitters? 
Actuall y the might beed „cabled“ connection to the phone, but the thy could send 2 bluetooth signals. 1 eg to artone ( see Mary Beths infos above ) or normsl audiolink - the opher to earbud. I would expect that could work without latencies between left/right.

I am personally at the very beginning an will have my suegery in mid jan and guess activation then mid feb.. so personally cannot try out before . Having saud that….they are nit expensive, ich found some as of 15 Euros , so you wanna try. It would also be one more little advice to carry, but the are really very small, and it might be worth.

If you want let ne know what you think about it.

best regards, cris

Thanks Chris,

That's a great idea for the Bluetooth splitter, I'll let you know how it works out. I've had my Rondo 3 operating for 6 months now and it is fantastic! 

best regards,

Gordon

Kuujjuaq, QC

4 minutes ago, Arctic express said:

Thanks Chris,

That's a great idea for the Bluetooth splitter, I'll let you know how it works out. I've had my Rondo 3 operating for 6 months now and it is fantastic! 

best regards,

Gordon

Kuujjuaq, QC

Cool - look forward to your test, then:-) I will also investigate on options from my end and share findings.

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2021 at 4:59 AM, Arctic express said:

Thanks Chris,

best regards,

Gordon

Kuujjuaq, QC

Hello Gordon,

i meanwhile had my surgery and this week was my rondo 3 activiation and setup.

today i tried out the bluetooth splitter solution and must say am actually happy with it. I go into the device via cable from e.g. ipad or pc. And then i sent ond bluetooth out to my bose headphone, and the other to the artone max ( after the recomendation from MaryBeth i bought that, too). So this way i have the stereo left on the rondo, and the stereo right is on my heaphone and gives me a a nice round stereo sound. I switched on everything some hours ago, so cannot  tell you yet how often to recharge etc…. All i can say until now is….sound is super in this combination!

Best regards, Cris

PS: Thanks MaryBeth for the Artone hint in case you read that:-)