Speech to text access during small group dinners

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hearing access looks different for different people.  Tonight a dear friend with hearing loss and bilateral hearing aids will be joining in a dinner party.  Access to the fast paced speech when this group of friends gathers is difficult for her.  So I set up speech to text using Roger Select, Roger MyLink neckloop and an android tablet running LiveTranscribe.  This set up, along with good communication strategies, will give our friend better access.  Have you tried it ?

Link to a captioned video showing how it works.

https://youtu.be/5BAv0rZ6g64

BC006B36-6158-4E49-93CE-242B1FA37048.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

It was a great night.  Thanks.

We have used this set up for our friend before.  It works very well.  She is able to participate in group conversations with this extra support.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow, very good, Mary Beth.  I wish I'd had that option when I was struggling with hearing aids that didn't help much anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love Live Transcribe.  It has allowed me to have conversations with my wife that I could not have with my hearing aids.  I also read that there will be a new app with Android version 12 that will also work for phone calls.  Anyone try that?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kevin

If you are in the US, InnoCaption is already available for phone calls.  It’s free.