Attest useage indicator in AudioKey 2

Deborah Williamson

Hello I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I would find   battery usage in AudioKey 2 

I have a rondo 3 and activated October/21
Thanks 

Debbie 

Yes it is but I also though you could check somewhere in the AudioKey 2 app? I just can’t find it. 
it would allow you to check with out taking the processor off.. 

3 hours ago, Deborah Williamson said:

Yes it is but I also though you could check somewhere in the AudioKey 2 app? I just can’t find it. 
it would allow you to check with out taking the processor off.. 

The Rondo 3 needs to be directly connected to the AudioKey2 App in order to view battery status. If it is connected via AudioLink, you’ll only see the AudioLink battery status. Here’s a photo of my Rondo 3’s battery status when paired directly in the app:

1B5438D5-0886-4747-BC26-9A3E07D7C20E.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Deborah Williamson, the advice @Laurengave you is absolutely bang on. I record my Rondo 3 battery level each morning when I first turn it on, then I switch from Direct to Audiolink. Why do I bother? Because it is easy to do and because there have been concerns about a Rondo 3 battery not lasting a whole day. With my original processor I was averaging an opening level of about 18 hours a day which works for me. My processor was switched recently because I was having occasional electronic distortion. My new daily average starting level is a now a low 14 hours which is not enough for me so the local Med-El office has been informed.

@Deborah Williamson @Andrew42 I will add that it is not easy changing from AudioLink to Direct Connection. I know I managed it several times but currently can't get it direct connected. No idea what is different for me... Clicking direct changes it to trying to connect to my Sonnet currently.

I cannot speak to Sonnet as I only have Rondo but switching for me is easy as long as Audio2Ear is disconnected. I simply open my Audiokey app and change my connection type from Audiolink to Direct. This doesn’t work if Audio2Ear streaming is activated. Pls don’t get me on my favorite hobby horse concerning AudioKey 2 and Audio2Ear : they are both in need of a major re-write.

Oops. In an effort to figure this out I deleted and re-paired it. Now I need to re-pair the AudioLink with the processor.

But at least it is (for the moment) direct connected with AudioKey 2 🤣

If directly connected, you don't need to have the AudioLink with you to use the app as the remote (neither need the AudioLink to connect to phone or the Echo remote) to change volume/settings. Note: if wanting to stream or take phone calls, would need AudioLink.

Also, if directly connected, can check battery status of Rondo 3 within app (wouldn't need to take off head to check).

My issue seems to be tied to the AudioLink. Its all re-paired: Rondo to AudioKey2, Rondo to AudioLink, Phone to AudioLink... But not AudioLink to AudioKey 2. In fact, if the AudioLink is on, the Rondo will not direct connect to AudioKey 2 at all. The second AudioLink is switched off though, the Rondo immediately directly connects to AudioKey 2.

Editing to add: If Rondo 3 is connected to AudioKey 2 and I switch the AudioLink back on, it doesn't connect to Rondo 3. I seem to be stuck in a this-or-that type of situation.

• HearPeers Heroes

There is definitely a convenience factor in using an app as a remote.  One less thing to tote around.  But the ease of using the old FineTuner remote- with a battery that lasts for years- is quite nice.

10 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

There is definitely a convenience factor in using an app as a remote.  One less thing to tote around.  But the ease of using the old FineTuner remote- with a battery that lasts for years- is quite nice.

@Mary Beth indeed - I got two FineTuner Echo remotes as standard with each processor kit so leave one in my purse and one at home so there's always one handy if needed. Just in case of tech issues (like current) or if I'm in a situation where it would be inappropriate or rude to have my phone out (movie theater, meeting, etc). :) 

Ok, figured it out. If using two different processors and wanting to change between Direct connection and AudioLink, first make sure the pairing is set for both direct and AudioLink. 

1. Tap your name in the app to access your profile

2. Tap the three dots in upper right corner and go through the Pair Audio Processor steps, repeat this for both types of connection you desire (Direct and AudioLink). Not sure on pairing protocol but it might prioritize first-come-first served, my Rondo 3 now says "Direct, AudioLink". It may have been reversed before but I'm not positive.

3. To switch between connection types, go into your profile, tap the three dots in upper right corner, tap Switch Audio Processor, and select the processor you are switching to.

For me, when Sonnet 2 is selected and I toggle between Direct/AudioLink, it switches back and forth between Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3 via AudioLink like it did before (I've yet to use AudioLink with my Sonnet 2 as I have AudioStream). When I select to switch processors and choose Rondo 3, I can only switch back and forth between connection types for Rondo 3. To switch back to Sonnet 2, I have to switch processors from within my AudioKey 2 profile.