Can the RONDO 3 with AudioLink turn off the microphones and only stream?

jae90

I remember it being super simple to do with the RONDO (first ones) to choose either microphones, streaming and microphones, or just streaming w/o microphones. I want to be able to do some things that require me to be able to use streaming only on these, but I can’t figure out what I’m supposed to adjust for said setting, if it’s still an option. Does anyone else know?

• HearPeers Heroes

@jae90

yes but we approach it differently.

Rondo 1 has a built in telecoil and the FineTuner remote has a M (microphone only), T (telecoil only) and MT (50/50 mix).  

Rondo 3 with AudioLink stays in its M setting (which is good because Rondo 3 does not have a built in telecoil).  The AudioLink has a mix button.  By pressing that button we can adjust the mix (all the way to streaming sound only).

https://www.medel.com/en-us/support/product-support/accessories/audiolink

• HearPeers Heroes

@jae90

good.  The mic button on the AudioLink is used when we wish to use the AudioLink as a remote mic- worn by another person or set on the table .  AudioLink does best in a vertical position so it can be helpful to set it in its dock when used on a table.

077457BD-4B9B-496C-91E9-4520ECCE3BB9.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@jae90

The mix button changes to mix between our Rondo 3 mics and the AudioLink.  Repeated pressing on the mix button continues to change the mix.  We can reach AudioLink only (100/0 mix).

E0D0683D-5FCE-4499-B411-AB648DC3892E.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@jae90

Med-El US is starting virtual trainings in March and one of them is on AudioLink.  Free to attend but registration is needed.

https://web.cvent.com/event/15c20e19-df0c-4dd7-b47f-2193f55b450b/regProcessStep1?locale=en-US&tm=i0jvgHjNM26OO5C9TMZclspZ9Ul1I_5feHn7S4sAYtU

• HearPeers Heroes

@jae90

March seems far off.  If you wish to connect with a Med-El US Consumer Engagement Manager for your region who can help you with your AudioLink, you can reach out to Med-El US and request to be connected.

I’ve never known Rondo 3 or Sonnet 2s to have the ability to mute environmental sounds.  It’s always automatic 50/50 with the Telecoil adapter.  One can change the sensitivity but won’t ever absolutely get rid of external sounds like with other brands or headphones.

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

Sonnet 2 can mute environmental sounds by using T only and a BT neckloop like Artone 3 MAX.  But there is no way to mute environmental sounds completely when using the AudioStream BTLE battery cover.

Rondo 3 can have a program made by our audiologists that is telecoil only.  Moving into that program would mute its mics but users are reporting a ticking sound with Rondo 3 and the telecoil adapter at the moment.

Sonnet 1, Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3 can all use the AudioLink intermediary device.  The AudioLink gives the user mixing ratio control by pressing the mix button.  

I am hoping for a future BTE processor with built in BTLE for direct streaming WITH user control of the mixing ratio.  It’s on my Med-El wish list.  Smile.

So many wishlist items, mine hoping for a Rondo 3 BT adapter in place of the Telecoil adapter since the pins are unique to it.  :)

On 1/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, Mary Beth said:

@jae90

The mix button changes to mix between our Rondo 3 mics and the AudioLink.  Repeated pressing on the mix button continues to change the mix.  We can reach AudioLink only (100/0 mix).

E0D0683D-5FCE-4499-B411-AB648DC3892E.jpeg

I finally figured it out! Thank you!

• Like 2