AudioStream as a mic?

WenD

Another question about AudioStream. When we travel, guides often use the Roger Pen so I hear the narration. Does AudioStream work as a mic for others to use as Roger and AudioLink do?

• HearPeers Heroes

@WenD

no

We can use live listen on our iPhone though as a remote mic with AudioStream.  

I mean more if someone else is talking--as a tour guide--and you are not close by. Roger gave me about 30 feet distance if the guide wore the mic. I gather AudioStream does not work like that. I don't mind Roger at all, but will Roger work with the Sonnet 2? I also have AudioLink, and that worked too although the range was narrower. What does Live Listen mean. I couldn't find a definition or a video about that. Thanks in advance.

• HearPeers Heroes

@WenD

Sonnet 2 is compatible with Roger in the same ways that Sonnet 1 is compatible with Roger.  Receiver options include:

Roger 21 integrated battery door receiver (best price I have seen for a new Roger 21 is from Connevans which ships internationally)

Roger X (02) receiver attached to Sonnet2/Sonnet 1 FM battery door BUT the Roger X must be set to the CI channel for Sonnet (CI setting 3) and this can not be done with Roger Pen (Connevans sells Roger X already preset)

Roger Neckloop or Roger MyLink neckloop receiver with Sonnet2/Sonnet 1 set on MT setting

@Mary Beth

Thank you. I think I have it. I am sorry to bombard you with questions. One more. Do most people simply use the AudioStream receivers full-time? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@WenD

For me, I’d leave the AudioStream battery covers on always and just turn off BT when I didn’t want to use them.