Getting a popping noise in my left audiostream

WenD

I put on the AudioStream covers, and I have a popping noise in the left AudioStream. Tried turning off and reconnecting. Tried a different cable. It's almost constant. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@WenD

What happens if you switch that left AudioStream to your right Sonnet2 for a test?  Does it sound correct or still have a popping sound?

@Mary Beth

I'm so sorry I am bothering you. I tried that switch several times. This last time, it seemed to correct. Then I went to try it on my phone (Pandora and then Audible), and neither worked. I think I am back to square one. Tomorrow.  Thanks again.

Wendy

@WenD, I sometimes hear a bad feedback noise that might be described as popping and is constant when I start my Audiostream in the morning. I took my rechargeable battery out and wiped the metal contacts with an alcohol prep pad and then reassembled it (after it dried) to seemingly solve the issue. I've had to do this a few times (though sometimes I just remove and replace the battery and audiostream cover a couple of times without cleaning the contacts).

@AnnetteT. That is an interesting tip. When I get "Distortion" with my Audiolink (not Audiostream), which I do too frequently, I merely reboot my Rondo 3 which tends to  clear the problem for a while. Next time I will dismantle my Audiolink and clean the contacts as well.