Bilateral activated - 11 months old son

sethum2014

Hi All,

My son with profound hearing loss at birth, did the surgery 2 months back when he was 11 months old. August 24th, both sides were activated. And he is progressing well.

We bought Sonnet sound processor. Only issue is we did not receive any additional wearing options and rechargeable batteries and battery pack. We received many empty packs.  

Any one who has the similar experience, please share you thoughts. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi there, thanks for writing to us about your son. It's nice ot hear that he's progressing well!

For the SONNET, additional wearing options or a rechargable battery packs currently aren't available. When they are released you'll be able to order them by contacting your local MED-EL representative. Due to company policy we cannot talk about products that are currently under development, so I can't share any dates as to when they will be available. I'll send you a private message with more information about your specific representative. Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

Sethum2014

Congratulations on your little one doing so well! I know you have to be excited.

I will be upgrading this week or next to the Sonnet. I cannot wait. I will be in the same shoes as you in waiting on the FDA. The Sonnet does have additional features one of whic you mentioned, the rechargeable batteries. All features on medical devices like the Sonnet have to go through FDA Approval before being released onto the market. Like you I will be waiting patiently for everything to be approved. Sadly they do not give a timeline of when these approvals will take place as they deal with so many different medical devices.

No it is time for us to developer our patience, oh joy! :D)

Hi there, thanks for writing to us about your son. It's nice ot hear that he's progressing well!
For the SONNET, additional wearing options or a rechargable battery packs currently aren't available. When they are released you'll be able to order them by contacting your local MED-EL representative. Due to company policy we cannot talk about products that are currently under development, so I can't share any dates as to when they will be available. I'll send you a private message with more information about your specific representative. Thanks!

Thanks Erik for the information.

Local representative did not explain these developments before we purchase. They asked us what wearing options requires and we selected few also.

And even batteries they were certain that we will get the rechargeable. But he agreed me to provide the rechargeable once it is available.  

There were no price reduction done specifically for these options not available.

Will we have to order these separately at a cost ?

Thanks Erik for the information.

Local representative did not explain these developments before we purchase. They asked us what wearing options requires and we selected few also.

And even batteries they were certain that we will get the rechargeable. But he agreed me to provide the rechargeable once it is available.  

There were no price reduction done specifically for these options not available.

Will we have to order these separately at a cost ?

Any other software options are under development?

I saw a post on the forum on D- Coil and magnets also under development stage.