Struggling with myMED-EL registration

Vera

Struggling with this.  First off…..tried to register on my iPad.  All going okay until I got to putting in your date of birth.  The little arrows to go backwards to 1953 (sorry, but that’s my age….) didn’t work at all well on the iPad.  Took me about 15 mins to get back to 2012.  Oh well, I shrugged, I’ll try on the laptop another time.  Just did that - fine on the date, but now I need to input the Serial No.  What’s that?  Just gone through the pile of information I’ve kept since switch on in 2017 but no luck.  Is it the tiny number on the device itself?  Where the battery pack fits??  Or is it the six digit number on my patient ID card?  Tried the latter and couldn’t figure out how to input the number.  Couldn’t we just have typed it in??  Instead there’s a revolving number….I could work out how to change the first digit, but not how to move on to the second digit.  I’d welcome advice but also I think this needs a rethink.  I’m a reasonably techie person (blogger etc) and if I’m finding it difficult a lot of other people will struggle.  If you’re going to do this registering needs to be REALLY easy 😀 or you will lose a lot of us.

Yours, persistent but frustrated of northern England

No….I abandoned at the bit where you have to input the serial number.  Couldn’t do it 😂.  Ah well, fingers crossed someone can sort it out.

I hope I can help. I have a Rondo 3. To find my serial # I merely go into the Audiokey 2 App, select my name, select DIRECT and then where the screen says my name and underneath Audioprocessors and User Information with Audioprocessors underlined below it is Rondo 3 with an arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and, in my case, there comes a screen that says "Side" , Audioprocessor Type, and Serial Number. Mine is a five digit number.

Hi there, i was given a medel card with numbers, as i was released after surg.  i keep it in my wallet. I actually received a second one with the backpack. So i have it in that big box of manuals that made the nackpack so heavy.

On 4/17/2022 at 3:36 PM, Andrew42 said:

I hope I can help. I have a Rondo 3. To find my serial # I merely go into the Audiokey 2 App, select my name, select DIRECT and then where the screen says my name and underneath Audioprocessors and User Information with Audioprocessors underlined below it is Rondo 3 with an arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and, in my case, there comes a screen that says "Side" , Audioprocessor Type, and Serial Number. Mine is a five digit number.

She may need the number to make the app work hon.

No. I do not believe that to be correct. When I signed up to MyMedel I merely gave my Name, email address, password and country: nothing else. That allowed me to write on this Forum but it also activated the app on my iPhone. It was there, quite by chance, that I later found the screen with the processor name and serial #. Later Medel has started to encourage members to give more personal details like, birthdate and full address, processor name and serial number. They already have the processor and serial number since they supplied it for the implant.  I have refused this further information and complained to Medel whose personnel in writing have told me they do not know why they are collecting this information and cannot tell me what benefit it may give as those benefits are defined by country: a detail they already have on file.