BabyWear for adult use

Karen T

I am finding that my Sonnet 2s with the AudioStream covers fall off my ears when I am doing floor exercises or bending over doing house work or yard work. Activity hooks don't help because the AudioStream covers are a little longer than the standard battery covers.   I have a BTE headband which works great to hold the Sonnets but it makes my shorter hair look goofy.   Has anyone tried the BabyWear with a 28cm cable?  That is the solution that I am considering as an off the head alternative to the BTE headband.  I have considered the ActiveWear but think that won't really solve the problem of keeping the processors on my ears during activity. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Karen T

It is interesting how the length, design and weight of the processors interact with our ears.  I had thought the AudioStream may feel too long on my ears so I was pleasantly surprised that I actually prefer the weight distribution and length better with AudioStream on.  I use disposable batteries.  

I have read reports of adults using baby wear but those reports were not in reference to using AudioStream.

Any chance you can meet up with a Med-El rep or your audiologist and test it out before ordering?

I had not considered an ear mold. Would that keep the processor on the ear?  Like a hearing aid?  I would not really want to go that route- it was so wonderful not having to deal with something inside my ears after getting implants.  Of course,  it would be less like a hearing aid mold if it is open fit/large vent. 
Thanks for the suggestion and that adults have used BabyWear.  I would have to get the longer 28cm cable.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Karen T

Quite a few adults choose to wear a large vented  earmold to secure their BTE CI processor.

It may be much less expensive than purchasing 28 cm cables and 2 sets of baby wear.

And it keeps the Sonnet2 mics in the location you are used to.