Last minute jitters here!

Elbras

• HearPeers Heroes

I hate having remote control. I like buttons on the processor like my HAs.

• HearPeers Heroes

Otherwise they mysteriously disappear and can't control the different programs. I said before mine had a run in with the washing machine!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Maybe in the future we will have an app on our phones for all of that!

Actually, this is not impossible to do that.

For instance, BB's streamer Siemens miniTek has the application for mobile phones (android platform) where there is a real remote's interface and it's possible to change programmes or volume.

However, I use iPhone so I would need to have an extra phone just for that purpose.

• HearPeers Heroes

Right now I use the Fine Tuner daily to switch to T for auditory training with the Quattro4 neckloop. I am mastering using phones on M. I think I will need to use the Fine Tuner less and less, especially after MedEl releases the wireless 2.4 connectivity accessories for the Sonnet that are labeled "future technology" right now. I can't wait because I believe the sound quality will be superior to neckloops. I am remaining in my regular program slots even in noisy places to let my brain develop those listening skills. I can see a time when I just put on my processors in the morning and let them do their thing all day long without needing to change settings via the Fine Tuner. I am thankful that the Fine Tuner is so slim. It fits easily in a pocket. I decked mine out with SkinIt covers.

• HearPeers Heroes

Really the only time I use my fine tuner is if I want to use my telecoil for making calls in noisy places. My surgeon and Audi discouraged use of it as the automatic sound management would work fine. Their view ( right or wrong) was that I needed to train my brain how to deal with certain environments. Recently I tried out using the fine tuner in a crowded situation and really didn't get any benefit from it. I still keep it with me though. If it works for you, go for it. Everybody is different in certain situations

• HearPeers Heroes

I need to use my remote control/fine tuner only when I enter into loud environment or at the place where lots of people are talking. For instance, I changed program yesterday during our Christmas dinner when cca 12 persons were at the table+loud music in the background. I used a program for "catching" human voices.

Otherwise, I don't need it even during some loud background noises like during driving at the highway; I can listen music pretty easily. So, automatic sound management improved a lot after last BB model change. 

Also, in Croatia it's pretty loud in bars, restaurant, coffee shops... Lots of places put pretty loud music background or people talk too loud. National characteristics :)

Perhaps things would be better if I become bilateral once.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

those same characteristics are the same here in the U.S.

Bars, restaurants, coffee shops......

• HearPeers Heroes

Mmmm... I am not sure - I have been in lots of bars and restaurants all over Europe, Australia and China and it's really loudest at home for now.

Perhaps, someday I will have opportunity to compare it with U.S. or Canada's places. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Sure hope you get to Canada Ivana. It would be nice to meet and talk with you.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks girls - hope also it would become reality so I can meet you in person. :)