USB adapters

lizjlong

Hello all!

I am traveling internationally. I have this box of USB adapters that came with my accessories. I have a Sonnet and a Rondo processor.

I'm really not sure how the adapters work. I am going to Portugal and Spain. Can anybody shed some light on this. Very  much appreciated!

Liz Long

• HearPeers Heroes

@lizjlong

Are you referring to the various international power plug adapters in the rechargeable battery case and dry kit? 

One way around this is if the items you need to charge have USB connections, you can use a power pack.  Then you only need to actually plug the power pack into the wall to charge it- which requires the appropriate plug adapter for the countries you plan on visiting.

Switching to disposable batteries eliminates the need to bring the rechargeable battery charger along.

Thanks Mary Beth.

I don't know what you mean by a power pack? Both of my processors are USB chargeable as is my re-chargeable battery strip. If these go in the wall  outlet in different countries, why aren't they marked with what goes where? That's odd. I attached a picture.

Thank you,

Liz

IMG_0012.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

@lizjlong

Here is a chart.  You can find international plug types online if the countries you are visiting are not included.

76C13752-697B-41C0-B5D5-E693F89B7BD0.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@lizjlong

and by power pack I mean something like this

Anker PowerCore 13000 Portable Charger - Compact 13000mAh 2-Port Ultra Portable Phone Charger Power Bank with PowerIQ and VoltageBoost Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z9QVE4Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CHHTDRMM33MHCPTMB8BZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

@lizjlong.  Don't worry about being confused. If you are going to Spain and Portugal only on this trip all you need is what is called a type C. It is not absolutely clear in your photo but it is two pronged only and of the six in your photo is either top left or the one in the middle or maybe they are both the same as it would appear that you have two UK plugs. These are the ugly three pronged flat pronged adapters top right and second row right in your photo. I think they are ugly and cumbersome but then I'm English and have lived with them all my life!

If you may be travelling a lot it might be worth buying an single adaptable adapter that has accepts various inputs and can convert the output to any of the common types. Mine can be seen on www.Skross.com but there are others on the market.

By the way, I also agree with Mary Beth's advice I also travel with a power bank. Mine is a 10,000 mAh XS from Intenso and cost me about $60.

Thank you both Mary Beth and Andrew. Andrew, Switzerland is on my bucket list, just not this trip! :)   This is the first of MANY international trips for me. I get that the type C is what I need for most of Europe.  And the power core is on Amazon for $30. I want to bring as LITTLE as possible. As we all know with cochlear implants, there are SO many things to bring. I'm very active, I love being in the water and that  part is really hard, even with the water wear. Sometimes if I sweat too much, the processor (both Sonnet and Rondo) will burn my scalp a little. Just trying to pack what I need and keep it light. 

Thank you !!

Liz

@lizjlong. Switzerland is a bit special from the electric plug point of view. Most modern wall plugs in the country are recessed and though the type C fits,  if the plug itself is not elongated to fit the receptacle, it wont work. Both in your photo will work but many do not. Switzerland also has an unique three pronged plug but you don't need to worry about it as a the correct type C two pronged works in the same receptacle.