Veronika is a star!

Kylie

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey

@VeroNika I loved your article on the med-el blog this week! It was so honest and relatable and I really connected with how you described your journey. Including the richness and nuance you find in stereo sound, even though technically one side kinda "does the job" in some people's minds.

Plus I realised we have more specific things in common, on top of being SSD - like singing soprano in a choir and playing piano and being an occupational therapist.  How cool!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi there @Kylie, Thank you so much for your so very kind words - you too are a star! :)

I am glad you enjoyed the blog article and that you felt such a connection in regards to your own hearing journey. It is truly awesome, that we have so many things in common, even besides SSD - so nice to talk to a fellow OT, singer and piano player, thar really is cool! :) Also when abroad my homecountry Austria quite often gets confused by people with your homecountry Australia - the common theme then is to say "no kangaroos in Austria" ;)  So where in Australia do you live, what is your OT field of practice and how are you enjoying your hearing journey? : ) cheers all the way from Austria, VeroNika

• HearPeers Heroes

I live in Perth, Western Australia.

I practice OT in the field of residential aged care. I am a therapy team leader, managing a team of OTs and physiotherapists who work at the homes doing therapy programs. I love it!!! When I became deaf and had my implant done 3 years ago, my colleagues and staff were obviously very understanding, having worked with older people with hearing difficulties. It did make it easier being able to be very open about what I was going through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1