Will I ever hear clearly again?

DarlaHS

I received my bilateral cochlear implants in 2018 and I continue to struggle daily to hear and understand. I have readjustments every 3-6 months with my audiologist and for the most part I guess it helps.  What can I do? Is there a online workbook?  I very much feel deaf and sometimes I wonder if it would be easier if I was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@KrisHS

Sorry to hear you are frustrated.  Aural rehab helped me a lot.  Follow this link

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

to schedule a captioned video meeting one on one with Med-El US and check the box for rehab.

I will also link you to a pdf that you can download that gives links to what helped me.

FF8C675C-9928-4987-B3AD-5C963739D084.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@KrisHS

follow this link by clicking on the light gray arrow top right and then download the pdf

• HearPeers Heroes

@KrisHS

Here is another pdf that will help.

Click on the light gray arrow top right and then download the pdf

Hi kris!

I am so sorry you are feeling discouraged! This is a good place to ask for help! After you check out mary beths suggestion, and it may very well be a workbook type help, i would suggest angel sounds if you have a computer or laptop, i like the sections on consonants because i had problems with clarity.....you can go or stop, you can listen to the sounds used over and over without being tested. I had the biggest issue with th sounding like s. 

Did you receive both implants at the same time? Yikes! I have been working hard on my ci but i still have some hearing on one side and it helps a little but my ci is what i hear from. 

I believe you may be able to find a speech center that can help with training like a speech and hearing center, but the online apps are cheaper, lol.

Do you work or go to school?

Please before you give up give us a chance to help!