New rechargeable battery for Sonnet/Sonnet2 called rechargeable battery max

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I saw this. I wonder if we need a longer battery cover for the max?

also, I couldn’t see when this will be available. Can’t wait though. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Percy

yup it uses a longer battery cover.  That’s why it is not compatible with waterwear nor AudioStream.

Not sure when it will be available.

Exciting though that Med-El listened to users and is offering an option for much longer battery life.  Thank you @MED-EL Moderator

• Like 3

Hi everyone,
as your local MED-EL team has all the latest news on product availability and pricing, we recommend reaching out to them via Clinic Finder (medel.com).
The Battery Max cover is not compatible with WaterWear or AudioStream, but AudioLink can be used with it.

Kind regards,
Gordana

• HearPeers Heroes

I love that Med-El has given us another option for longer rechargeable battery life.  Thank you!

For some comparisons of length

E17F698E-2F97-446B-B0EF-D178390A9B25.jpeg

6E0DDD69-2E6D-4459-8541-5C916B40EDF6.jpeg

033207F7-8ABA-4011-8690-A8CB38D1A523.jpeg

I received a flier on this yesterday i was kind of excited! So regular battery cover is $50, batteries are $150 currently? Too bad, maybe audiostream will get longer?

I am thankfull for longer battery life, i get 7 on my year old batteries, would love wake to sleep on rechargables!!!  Whats next?????? Me thinks something else is coming! Yay.

On 8/11/2022 at 3:44 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi everyone,
as your local MED-EL team has all the latest news on product availability and pricing, we recommend reaching out to them via Clinic Finder (medel.com).
The Battery Max cover is not compatible with WaterWear or AudioStream, but AudioLink can be used with it.

Kind regards,
Gordana

Hi, ive gotten stuck in africa at this link, hope others had success.

Not wishing to crash the party. I wear Rondo 3 exclusively and with rechargeable batteries: the only option. I have been tracking my daily battery performance since April. Since I changed processors in the May/June time frame I am averaging very nearly 18 hours a day of a single charge. This drops some if I run AudioKey 2 all day and some more if run Audio2Ear similarly. I have read comments from people not wanting to change to Rondo because of the battery life. What I read here about Sonnet with rechargeables makes me believe Rondo currently outperforms Sonnet when the Sonnet is powered by rechargeables. But a caveat or two: Rondo has no option for one time batteries, rechargeable only, Rondo does not accept Audiostream in any way shape or form. Finally, on the good side Rondo can easily be charged while in operation by hard wiring it to a power bank. I do this occasionally better when I'm more or less imobile but it does work well on the move as long as you have a pocket to house the power bank.

That said I'll slide back into the background and continue to read you enlightening posts.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andrew42

I am glad you are getting much better battery life with your replaced Rondo3.

Sonnet/Sonnet2 rechargeable batteries can be quickly swapped out when depleted so starting with 17 hours and carrying a spare would provide a lot of cushion.  The standard rechargeable for Sonnet starts off at 10 hours so an option for 17 hours is a huge step forward.

I did hear that it was longer but didn’t see anything official til just now. I’m still excited for the batteries. Hoping they at least are compatible with the same adapter as it’s no trouble to switch it out and having 17 hours as the backup would be fantastic. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

I read the rechargeable battery max battery uses the same rechargeable battery adapter and same charger.  It uses a longer battery cover.

It is not compatible with AudioStream, Roger21, FM battery cover/DAI cover nor waterwear due to its length.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, Dianna said:

Hi, ive gotten stuck in africa at this link, hope others had success.

Finally figured it out, sent email requesting info. According to the blog everyone is being encouraged to their rep. Confused as to why the info is released when we cant ask how, when, where?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Med-El headquarters released the information about rechargeable battery max., which I appreciate.  Each country has their own protocol to follow before it becomes available there.  And each country will set the price.  When it becomes available in the US, Med-El US will release information about ordering.  This process usually takes several months.

Following Med-El US on their official FB account or asking your Med-El CEM to let you know when ordering information is available, will enable you to receive ordering information as soon as it’s released.

Thanks mary beth. I am happy a new and longer lasting battery is going to be available for sonnet!

I just have impatience 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

understandable.  I have had my CIs for over 7 years so I am used to the process now when new items are introduced.  Believe me, you will know as soon as ordering is opened.  Between now and then, pretty much complete silence.  Smile.  Sometimes countries in Europe release things first and we can learn about real life experiences with the new items here from our international HP members.

• 5 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Looking forward to hearing how many hours they last for you

• Members

@SSDSteve You have at least 2 Max and 2 regular batteries?  Since you have SSD - does that mean you got two Sonnet 2s from a dual processor clinic? 

I'm using my Max on my Sonnet 2 for the first time today after my regular Sonnet 2 battery gave out in the afternoon from being up early for the Google Meet. 

My Max is still going strong after about 8 hours with a lot of AudioLink going on.  (Of course it should!)

When did you get activated?  I was activated on Thursday.  I went with a Rondo 3 and Sonnet 2.  I picked 2 regular batteries and 1 max.  I don't know what I'll settle into for my "regular" setup but experimenting for now.

Tim